Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Leslie L

A great stay close to the airport

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 16, 2024
We arrived very late after a long flight. There was a gate that you had to buzz through in order to access the hotel grounds. This immediately made us feel safe and much less concerned about the car/our belongings. The hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and all of the hotel staff were incredibly friendly and kind. The hotel grounds were immaculate and provided several areas to lounge/hang out.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • eDreams
    C$1,037
25.5 km from Hotel Brillasol Airport
View more hotels in Alajuela
All reviews free shuttle airplanes fly breakfast and dinner hot water late arrival first night in costa rica airport gate garden country plants proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2024 via mobile

Upon arriving your in a questionable neighborhood. Upon arrival your at a large iron gate, which is needed for the area your in. They buzz you in. Check in was a breeze. They have a nice court yard, swimming pool with a waterfall. Very nice areas to relax in, and an activity room with a pool table. They also serve breakfast which consists of mainly fresh fruit, eggs, rice with beans and coffee, no meats. Did not have dinner there. The rooms are very old. No room darkening shades, just some old curtains. Beds were ok, but very old furniture. Paint was peeling off the walls in my room, and the bathroom has dirty chalking, and an old shower. All rooms use a regular key, with a chain lock. AC worked fine. If you like a dark room at night like I do forget it. The curtains offer no light blocking. Would I stay here again, only in a pinch. I’ll try Hampton Inn, or Holiday Express on my next visit.

Room tip: Best to stay in the compound after dark. Every home in San Jose area has some type of large iron enclosure.. I
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2023

I spent two nights here. The first night of my trip and last. It was near the airport.

My brother-in-law booked the hotel. There was NO air conditioning on my first night. 80 plus degrees with 90% humidity. They were sold out, so I was told there was NOTHING they could do. I begged for a fan, which was given. (Pulled from the lobby.) I think the air never worked. I was given no refund. No compensation of any kind. Breakfast the next morning, I was greeted by delightful people. I shared that they shouldn't be renting out that room and the woman at the desk just shrugged and said, "Oh well."

Unfortunately my BIL booked the hotel. The room he shared with my sister was fine. I had a horrible night. I was happy for them it was fine.

We were booked to stay there at the end of the trip as well. I didn't want to be a nuisance to my BIL so I sent a text to the hotel begging to ensure that my room for that night had air.

When I arrived, I had air, but the A/C was over the bed and must have been leaking or something. There was a hole in the ceiling and the area next to it was covered in MOLD. Was it black mold? Maybe. I couldn't sleep in the room. It's unhealthy. And dangerous. They offered no compensation and said I was out my money if I didn't stay there. TERRIBLE Customer Service. What an awful way to end my stay in beautiful Costa Rica.

If you expect a modicum of cleanliness or good customer service don't stay here. My rooms, both nights were terrible. I ended up sleeping in my Sis and BIL's room. They had an extra bed. The rooms were cheap, I'll give them that - but with 4 stars on Trip Advisor I would have expected at least a clean/safe stay. This was not that. The staff was lovely - for the most part (aside from not being helpful - at all.) The shuttle driver, a young woman was friendly and great.

Room tip: Make sure your room has a working airconditioner and doesn't have mold. (rooms 7 and 5 respectively)
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2023

I booked my trip on Priceline, which requires you enter your kids ages. We decided to go with 2 beds instead of 3, as it was a single night. We booked this place based on price, but upon arrival, they attempted the bait and switch, stating I would have to pay an additional $35 for my kids, for the same room. The price was $54, so this is nearly a 100% markup. I asked to cancel, as plenty of similar places are nearby for cheaper, and I confirmed for 4 persons. Though they had plenty of rooms, they denied my cancelation. One of the two staff at the front were quiet nice.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2023

There isn't too much nice to say about this place following our stay, unfortunately. We booked through booking.com and were to pay at the property, we'd messaged the property to ask which currency they would prefer us to pay in to which they responded Colones in Cash. This was our last night in Costa Rica so we took out just enough for the night and a little more for a meal and a drink.
When we tried to pay, we were scorned and told that an additional 10% would be charged as an exchange to USD, on top of the 10% in VAT, the 14% service charge and they exchange we'd already paid by taking money out at the ATM. We did maths and came to the agreement that we would not be paying this additional charge because that's not what was quoted. The restaurant at the property was more dear than we had expected too, therefore we were going to pay for our meal with a bank card, we were trying to pay when the guy who checked us in yelled at us that we didn't pay the extra 10% and how dare we then pay with card (he even told us his disgust in us ordering food AND a drink. Rude). He stormed out of the room leaving us stood in disbelief that this was being addressed again after already being politely resolved. Another guest wanted to pay at this time too, so a colleague from the kitchen came to politely take his payment and then addressed us as though we were nothing more than an inconvenience. She argued with us for 20 minutes that we would need to pay extra for our dinner because we didn't pay the additional 10% in exchange when we paid for our room. We wish we didn't stay here and stayed somewhere else for our last night in Costa Rica. This caused so much distress and left such a bitter taste in our mouths. The following day, we had an additional 2 knocks on our bedroom door. I was so happy when our shuttle to the airport arrived, leaving this place behind.

The shuttle to the airport was lovely and we were very happy with the service for this part of the experience.

Room tip: Just don't bother
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank elbadham
Reviewed March 10, 2023

The staff is wonderful and very helpful! Robert speaks english if you don't speak Spanish. We got in just before the kitchen closed at 9p.m. and were served a light meal. The beds were comfortable, the shower large, clean and we had hot water both in the evening and morning. It's very pretty and peaceful with different areas to find solitude. Yes, the airplanes fly over until about 11 p.m. and start again about 9 a.m., but we were not too bothered and it certainly didn't keep us awake.
The free shuttle is only going TO the airport. The official cab service (orange) charged about $10 to go the 10 miles and they were very accomodating.
We made reservations to stay there on our return trip, in about 2 weeks. My husband and I have traveled the world and would recommend this hotel. The free breakfast was excellent and had something for everyone. Good family spot, too.

Room tip: all good as we were on the first floor.
Date of stay: March 2023