Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
LaRoy B
Kirksville, Missouri

A wonderful place to stay

Review of Hotel Mi Tierra
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 24, 2015
I have stayed here a number of times over the past 10 years and I have never been disappointed. Nice rooms, inexpensive, and a great breakfast every time. Does have wifi, but only in a common area and not in the room.
Date of stay: June 2015
    C$111
    C$139
5.5 km from Hotel Mi Tierra
View more hotels in Alajuela
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2015

This isn't a place I would visit as a destination, but it does the trick if you are passing through. Alajuela is near the airport, so it is a good stop-over city if you don't want to stay in San Jose proper. The people at Hotel Mi Tierra were very friendly. The room was small and had one window facing a wall. There was a shared bathroom. The photo makes the pool look much nicer than it really is. But it is cheap and clean. I'd stay here again if I needed a stopover on my way from San Jose to somewhere else in Costa Rica.

Room tip: shared wifi computer in common area.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I have stayed at Hotel Mi Tierra three times and will be returning again in a few months. It is nice and cozy and clean. The security at the entrance is strong - you have to be buzzed in to enter. There is a nice lounge area with wifi, a computer, chairs/hammock. There is a pool (which I have never used) and an outdoor seating area (covered by an awning) for dining. Breakfast is included and delicious - a typical Tico breakfast!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2015

The hotel is conveniently located walking distance from restaurants and bars. The staff were very friendly and had amazing stories to share from Roberto. The art work displays were very attractive. The airport is also very close by if you need a night to spend away from San Jose.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Nas S
Reviewed May 30, 2015

Roberto set up taxis etc, for local tours and suggested best times for visiting. His knowledge of local cafes, churches, and tourist sites was outstanding. Our rooms were scattered through out the hotel on different levels and four of us were in our late seventies and the staff was very helpfull in co-ordinating our trips.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2015

I loved this little hotel. It is not fancy, but the good news is, you don't pay a fancy price. The wi-fi worked well the whole time I was there. Roberto is so friendly and helpful, AND speaks perfect English. He patiently reviewed a map with me and explained to me how to use the bus system. The place is gated, so I felt safe there alone. My room was sparkling clean and I had my own bathroom as well. The staff is courteous and wants you to be happy. The best part of all was that it took only about ten minutes to get to the airport, where I had to be at 5.00 a.m. They made sure I had a cab to get there. If you need an accommodating place to stay when you arrive or leave Costa Rica, reserve a room here with confidence. If I am back in the area, I will go there.

Room tip: Spring for a room with a private bath!
Date of stay: March 2015