“Great Hotel in La Fortuna Area!”

Hotel Lavas del Arenal
Reviewed 17 April 2017

The hotel is about 10 min outside of town, which was nice because it was much quieter. Only about a $8 cab ride to town. The staff and especially Carlos were great in making sure we were always taken care of! The rooms were good, but basic. It served our needs perfectly. Wifi was spotty in the rooms, but always worked by the office. Restaurant had good breakfast included and the dinner was always good when we ate there. It was a groupon certificate with adventures included and Carlos did a great job of coordinating everything including some last minute changes. I definitely recommend checking this place out for the La Tuna area especially if you don't want all the noise of staying in town!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the front will have a better chance of getting wifi in the room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We had a perfect stay at Lavas del Arenal. Carlos and staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful, ensuring we were well taken care of in every aspect. We booked through Groupon, which included adventure excursions, and all were well-coordinated and planned, with transport directly from the hotel. We ate at the restaurant nearly every night, finding the food to be delicious (the best nachos in town!) and affordable. Our room was very clean and comfortable, with great a/c. Only a 10-minute cab ride from town, we appreciated the peacefulness and seclusion from the more tourist-packed parts of Fortuna. We highly recommend Lavas del Arenal to anyone traveling in the Arenal region!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2017

This stay was part of a Groupon package. The hotel and six days of activities were included. Transport from the airport was delayed due to mechanical problems, but was resolved - and we were kept informed - in a little over an hour. Arrival and check in was completed after a long trip from the airport.
Initial reaction was a bit tenuous, but we soon realized that it was a very nice place to stay with good service and a very gracious host. Carlos and the very small staff made us feel welcome and made sure that everything was in order.
The activity package was flexed to make everything as good as it could be.
All in all, a very memorable experience.

Room Tip: My only complaint - very little storage space in the room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rjbarb
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I booked a trip through Groupon for An adventure tour through hotel lavas del arenal and I didn't know what to expect! My husband and I were so happy we did! The hotel was spotless, the food was excellent and the staff was amazing! Carlos was so helpful and if we had any questions about restaurants to visit or wanted a tour changed he always would help us! The restaurant at the hotel was awesome!!! Every morning we had fresh fruit coffee and eggs and beans and rice! Dinner was also perfect! The tours were sooo much fun! I couldn't believe how well organized everything was! I would book this trip in a heartbeat!! We want to go back already !!!! Thank you so much for an amazing time- it was the vacation we dreamed of !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leah G
Reviewed 6 April 2017

We stayed here as part of a Groupon we purchased and could not of been happier. Carlos and his staff treated us like family! It was my 40th birthday and I was greeted with a happy birthday message on the bed in flower petals and was even surprised with a cake on my birthday. The rooms were extremely clean, the food good and the hospitality top notch. I would recommend Hotel Las del Arenal to anyone coming to Costa Rica. I already miss Carlos and his team.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank oneloveamber
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Very clean rooms, great breakfast, good costumer service. Friendly staff, had a great stay. There was nothing negative about this place and everything was wonderful. Wake up to the birds singing of different species, quiet, a few minutes away via cab from a small town for restaurants and night life!! The guy at the office will call cab and arrange other transports upon request!! Just a beautiful location!!

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My friend and I recently stayed here for seven nights and I enjoyed every minute of it. Carlos was very friendly and helpful. The food at this hotel was great. Not much variety for breakfast but the lunch/ dinner menu is excellent. Our room was huge. The room was very clean the bathroom the shower everything. I was a little nervous that the shower would only have cold water but it had both hot and cold water. There's a mini fridge and microwave. Everyday we came back to beautifully folded towels. They were folded into hearts, flowers, bows etc. There's a pool on the premises. I would recommend booking this hotel with an adrenaline package like we did. Free transportation and food at all activities. Anyone considering booking at this hotel I would say go for it. It's not a five star hotel but the prices are good and the service is excellent. Pura vida!! You'll learn what that means when you get there.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends