“Smoothies”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Nothing is beeter when you are sweaty than an ice-cold mango and banana smootie. The Gecko has all kinds of fruit and you can design your own combination. Made with your choice of water or milk. Large protions too.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I just ate lunch from the Gecko Gourmet and it was delicious! We live in La Fortuna so we're always looking for good food that's different than the "typical" rice & beans. The sandwiches were served on what must have been fresh baked bread as it was delicious and I've never seen this bread in the stores! The ingredients were fresh, the potato salad delicious and we had one of their brownies for dessert! This meal reminds me of something I would have gotten at a nice deli back in the US...we will definitely be eating here again!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We were sick of paying through the nose for hotel buffets so we were pleased to find Gecko Gourmet for a quick breakfast bite. I had the breakfast sandwich and my husband had the breakfast burrito. Both were excellent. The breakfast menu had some great options (banana pancakes looks great!). The lunch deli menu looked good. Recommend if you want to get a high quality bite to eat.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Gecko Gourmet is one of those places that you walk out of and say to yourself - "what just happened?".

Upon walking in, you will notice that the menu is pretty overpriced and the staff doesn't really know what they are doing. I choose an ice coffee thinking that would be pretty easy and was the cheapest thing on the menu (I pointed at the coffee which was 2 dollars).

The staff didn't know what an ice coffee was - which I explained to them and they started to make it. To my dismay, they scooped some funky liquid out of the fridge that look like old coffee that's been sitting in the fridge for a few days, added some ice and blended it and threw it into a Dixie cup. They charged me 4$ and the service fee on top of it even though the prices clearly say all service charges are included. When I asked the cashier, she just shrugged and said "sorry".

The ice coffee was foamy and tasted like water down coffee flavored water. Gave me a stomache for the rest of the day.

A few dollars doesn't matter that much, it is just the concept of poor coffee, mislabed and ripoff prices. This coffee shop has been the only place I have written a negative review for on this trip - so I hope others won't make the same mistake I did of stopping here.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Delicious food, coffee and good price, can't ask for more when it comes to breakfast. Stuffed french toast was to die for!