“Ribs = Amazing!”

Restaurante Garra-Pata
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Description: Specialty in meats. A paradise to taste excellent grilled meat, smoked pork ribs in our original wood grill every day, with the original BBQ sauce (recipe of the house). Seafood, rice and salads for different tastes. We make our own salad dressing. Quality meat in different and varied cuts
Reviewed November 2, 2015 via mobile

The ribs were so good, we ordered a 2nd plate! This restaurant was recommended to us by one of the bartenders at our resort. Ceviche and ribs were amazing! Fresh, tasty, and way cheaper than resort food. I would come back here for more bbq. Good spot to hang with locals.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

We tried this place out today and thought it was great! We ordered ceviche, steak/shrimp meal and chicken/rice. It was all great! It tasted good, had great service and the food came out quickly. They also offer free wifi and the bathrooms were clean. If you're passing through this area check it out.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 6, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend got the famous ribs, and for the price it was a delicious steal. So much food! I picked a ransom tilapia dish off the menu as I didn't understand it, and god, I made a great choice. It was tilapia perfcetly cooked with garlic and oil. The sides were amazing as well. Every time we drove by this place my boyfriends mouth would water!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Came here for lunch around 3pm after zip lining near La Fortuna. We were hungry and this hit the spot! My husband had a rich seafood soup and a massive portion of barbecued smoked ribs. I enjoyed a fresh palmito salad with a good amount of slivered cabbage and for a main dish I tried chifrijo, a delightful variation of beans and rice topped with chicharrones, pico de gallo and tortilla chips. Not the cheapest food on Highway 142, but fresh and tasty and worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 24, 2015

Amazing local flavor and style. The value for the money here is incredible. Steak and ribs are the specialties, and everything is served with the personal care, respect, and authentic goodwill so common in small, breezy, authentic Costa Rican restaurants.

Date of visit: August 2015