See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2015

I wish that I had stayed here longer the first night we were sent to a horrible place up the road. So in the morning I went looking for a better place .Luckily we found Chill Out Backpackers. This place is bliss it is easy to see why it has such high ratings. The rooms & the wonderful kitchen were spotlessly clean. I loved it. The view to the volcano is amazing especially in the morning when there are clouds sunrise & sunset were fabulous. There is plenty of outside seating and hammocks to just chill & look at the volcano. The owners are lovely people who ensure that you have every thing that you need.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karry R
Reviewed June 6, 2015

This place was cheap and cheerful. The girl showed me the room we would have before we made any decisions. It was super cheap (10mil per private room with private bathroom in low season) sowas only 5mil pppn. The kitchen is fully functioning with a fridge and tons of utensils. Its very basic and yes there are bugs because we aee in Costa rica! 5 star hotels have bugs too.
The service was good too, we kept changing our minds about when we were leaving and always had loads of Qs and they didnt mind at all.
When my friend was going to leave and I had to stay one more night alone, she even was going to let me stay for the same price in the same room and not pay more!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2015

We had to hunt bugs in our small rooms, one even falling in the bed from to ceiling :( please do something about it ! Otherwise you get a private bathroom for 20$ so it could defintly be a good deal...

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2015

Loccated 2 minutes from the bus station and a few about 3 from the main road.
The owner is very helpful. Keeps the area clean.
Rooms are basic but have hot water and private baths.
A nice common area with hammocks and swings, a kitchen.
We paid $20 a night. ($10 per person)

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKlausn
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Chill Out looks a bit like faded glory. The rooms could use some new paint. The bathroom was okay, but smells moldy. The toilet didn't work right. The kitchen looks old and I wouldn't cook there. The sheets on the bed were torn and the pillows smell sweaty. The lady at the front desk only speaks Spanish. There is cable tv and wifi. It's close to the busstation and the shops are close.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple