Review Highlights

from US$54.00
from US$38.00
from US$145.00
More Info
All reviews swim up bar water slides hot springs day pass ant farm wet bar butterfly garden animal exhibits zip lining nice resort hot pools perfect temperature pina colada varying temperatures pineapple buffet dinner locker room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The pools were super fun, especially the slides. It wasn't too busy while we were there so there was plenty of space. The free breakfasts were good and the staff were all friendly and helpful. The only negative was the spotty wi-fi only available in the common areas, not in your room.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

My husband and I were in the area as part of our recent honeymoon. My mother-in-law visited Las Lagos years ago and raved about it so naturally, of all of the hot springs, of which there are MANY in the area, I wanted to make sure we visited this one. Firstly, the grounds are so beautiful and well maintained. We couldn't help but to meander through all of the walkways. While doing so the sweetest woman who works on the premises picked us each a cacao pod from one of the trees. The three of us enjoyed together and spoke broken Spanglish.

The pools were amazing. The layout was very well done and interesting. I wish we stayed right at the hotel. I'd be doing the circuit every day! Although we went as an adult couple we thoroughly enjoyed the waterslides, the largest of which is almost scary! We went on them in the dark which was thrilling! They probably should install a light near the end of the final tunnel before you reach the pool. It's hard to tell when to take a breath. The biggest thing I liked is that they've subdued or removed the sulfur smell. I can't stand the smell of rotten eggs! It made the experience so much more enjoyable.

If we had kids this would be the place I would take them (or I'd leave them at home!! Hahaha!). They have a swim up bar and snacks. It was a lovely experience. I'd love to make it back again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We enjoyed our afternoon at Los Lagos. There are several hot pools and cool pools. We also toured the butterfly garden, ant farm and alligator exhibit which were all included. There is a changing room with showers and lockers. Lockers and beach towels are $2 each. There is a bar with beverages and food. All in all an enjoyable time for a budget friendly price

1  Thank CynthiaB1456
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Very nice facility... loved all the pools offered at different temps. Kids had a great time on the slides. Even the little zoo was cute. We just visited for a few hours after hiking LaFortuna Falls, it was perfect and at a great price compared to others

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Went to Arenal to see the volcano and try out the Hot Springs. We stopped off at Los Lagos to see what they had to offer. We decided to go to their hot springs and ended up staying the night. I wish we had been able to stay longer so we could have seen and done more of the activities that they had to offer. Will definitely make it a place to come back to.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We went on the horseback ride and then stayed for the hot springs. The springs were great for the family- nice size and some fun slides.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to several hot springs in Latin America and this was probably the least “natural” looking. That said, this was a fantastic deal and my family (ages 68 to 1) all had a wonderful time. My 68 year old father said that this was the most fun he’d after had at a pool. The day pass was $16 per adult and a locker rental was $2 (you rent the lock and pick a locker: ours held 3 backpacks).

The environment was with pools made of concrete forms and had 4 water slides, a variety of bubble coves and seats, and a lot of nooks and crannies. The slides technically said ages 10 and up but no one was giving the kids a second look. They are very fast and long but not scary for my 5 year old. I did bang my heels quite hard on the bottom of one pool coming off one slide (bruised them badly and it was hard to walk for a few days...) but I was the only one who managed to do that.

The animal features were fine but nothing super special. My family liked the ants the best!

Los Lagos was highly recommended for kids and I agree with that. Or a budget traveler, but if I was looking for a more natural setting or a romantic atmosphere, I’d probably look elsewhere.

1  Thank beaglebay
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

I did a lot of research before deciding to go to Los Lagos hotsprings for our Costa Rican hotspring outing.we enjoyed walking around the grounds and seeing the crocodiles and butterflies before entering the pool area. There were many different pools of varying temperature. Super fun slides, fun water shower, jacuzzi, water fall water features. Facilities were clean and not crowded. Our entire family, ages 6-42, had a blast. I definitely thought the $16 fee was worth it!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We only came here to use the thermal pools which were really good. Affordable price, great value for money. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We've visited the hot springs at Los Lagos twice now, and have been very impressed. There are several water slides that drop you in to warm or cool, refreshing pools. The facility offers several pools of varying water temperatures, so if you get too warm in one pool, you just go to the next. In some cases, these pools are right next to each other. Some of the pools have private "bubble beds", where you can lay down and relax. They have shelves where you can set your cool drink, and just chill out. There's a swim-up bar in one pool, next to a restaurant that offers great food. Both times we visited Los Lagos, we had guests with us who really enjoyed the place. The per-person price for just the pools is $16 / day, making it an excellent value.