“Hidden away gem-don't miss this one”
Review of Tifakara

Tifakara
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our international restaurant is renowned for the quality and presentation of its dishes. Our specialties are steaks and fresh fish; along with a variety of salads, creams and desserts. Our goal is to offer our visitors a gastronomic experience of harmony, freshness and contemplation.
Reviewed March 29, 2015

This is a new restaruant that knows what to do and is really trying. The service was outstanding. The chef came over and introduced himself and was very attentive. The meal was one of the best since arriving in Costa Rica (been here two months). The buffalo wing appertizer was best I ever had. My main was coconut shrimp. So large and so many serviced with salad and what the chef called rice with seeds. Terrible name for the best rice I have ever had in my life. Don't miss this one. It is on the way to the La Fortuna Catarata Falls. A little out of the way, but you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank dstomini
Abie G, Propietario at Tifakara, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2015

Dear friend,

Thank you very much for your comment, this is very valuable for us. I am very glad you enjoyed our restaurant and the athmosphere.

Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

The food was Ecsquste, and the service was top notch. I was really impressed with the entire experience. The chef is a master of his craft.

1  Thank artkv

Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

This is a great restaurant! The food was delicious. I had the steak and also fish. The staff were very friendly and fun to talk to. :)
You have an amazing view of the pool and nature while you eat. The food was always presented very nicely! Definitely a place to stop by!

1  Thank Jodi L

Dear Jodi,

Reviewed March 5, 2015 via mobile

Sophisticated dining presented in a beautiful setting. A great place for a meal after a long hike. I recommended ceviche.

1  Thank Ber613

Reviewed February 20, 2015 via mobile

A wonderful taste of Costa Rican culture and food. I can't say enough about the wonderful food and service. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. I had the spicy tuna roll very fresh. I would definitely come back. Muy bien!

Abie G, Propietario at Tifakara, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2015

Dear friend,

Thank you very much for your comment, this is very valuable for us. I am very glad you enjoyed our restaurant and the atmosphere. Hope to have you back at Tifakara soon!