“Palo Verde Boat Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
The Canyon Adventure Combo Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guanacaste Express is a local Family run business, with over 8 years working in the tourism industry in Costa Rica, we offer to our clients personalized trips with a professional service. Our dedication and responsibility made of Guanacaste Viajes a truly option in Costa Rica. We operate in our own fleet of comfortable air-conditioned mini-vans and mini-busses with a capacity of from 1 to up of 28 passengers. Our main office is based just 15 minutes from Liberia International Airport (LIR), and we provide Airport Shuttle and Private Transportation
Montclair, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Palo Verde Boat Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We went on the tour last week with Juan Carlos and it was wonderful. The ride there, while bumpy, was really a beautiful way to see Costa Rica and the van was comfortable and air conditioned well. We passed sugar can field of various sizes while he explained why they burn the fields. We saw Costa Rican cowboys and cattle walking along side the car which was fun. When we got to the river we boarded a simple river boat and took off. Our boat captain was sooo good at finding animals. We saw numerous crocodiles, one was a big as the boat, beautiful birds, sleeping bats and of course white face monkeys. They came on board the boat and posed for many pictures. Ran across the roof and we just so cute. We did not feed these animals as it is illegal but they still came over to play. After the amazing boat tour along a beautiful river we went to a local restaurant for cosada, the local typical food. Rice, beans, chicken and beef with salad and yuca. It was DELICIOUS! Then they took us to Guitil and we met a family that has been making pottery the same way for generations. The method is over 800 years old. No machinery. It was really beautiful and so nice to bring home something genuine and traditional. We were back at the hotel by 3:30 as promised so were able to relax and watch another beautiful sunset. These guys are really professional, very easy to contact and knowledgeable.

Niagara
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Tour Operator in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My friend and I wanted to experience as much of Guanacaste in the short week we were there. Guanacaste Viajes tours did an outstanding job of helping us achieve our goal. We're adventurous people, which is why we chose to visit Costa Rica. They offer a lot of adventurous activities. Manuel offered good advice and helped me to arrange our tours prior to our arrival in Costa Rica. We went whitewater rafting and also took a Buena Vista (zipline, horseback, waterslide, hot springs) tour. Ariel was our private guide, and had us laughing throughout our tours. This tour company was professional, courteous, and catered to our requests and needs. I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting the 5-star treatment.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Michelle O
liverpool
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Guanacaste Viajes is, without a doubt, the best private tour company that I have ever encountered. Our guide Manuel F. (Manny) was very professional, genuinely kind, and anticipated our needs before we even knew what we needed. Our driver, Hugo, was very kind and transported us in a comfortable and safe manner. We learned so much more about Costa Rica through our tour with Manny including information about politics, education, economy, Spanish, plants and animals, etc. We took the Mega Combo tour from the RIU Guanacaste resort. Hugo and Manny picked us up at the exact time they said they would (7:30 am) and dropped us off at the lobby of the hotel (3:30). I would highly recommend this company for a great experience in Costa Rica!

3 Thank calderbiz
Jersey City, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great tour guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We has such a great time with the tour guides. Juan Carlos and Herman were exceptional! They were kind, knowledgeable, friendly and went out of their way to ensure that we were enjoying our experience. I highly recommend them and this company. Manuel, on short notice put together great tours for us. Pura Vida!

3 Thank zandrews
Las Vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Transportation worries allievated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I started to make my transportation arrangements to the Riu over the Internet, then decided that I should call instead. I left a message and received a return call within 5 minutes. As I spoke with Manual, he also accessed my Internet records. He confirmed over the phone my itinerary and also sent an email with the details. Upon arriving in CR, the driver was waiting with my name on a sign. Our van was brand new and also this was a private car - so no other passengers. The driver spoke English and gave us some history and pointed out various volcanos & flora on the ride. The day before departure I received a message from company confirming our depature time the following day. Once again the driver (different from the 1st) spoke english & was very knowledgable, polite, courteous and most importantly prompt. I highly recommend the company - any questions regarding service - billsamlv@embarqmail.com

2 Thank livinVegas