The Westin Playa Conchal is an incredibly beautiful place with wonderful, hardworking staff. My girlfriend and I just returned after a week and I literally had to sit here and think of something negative to say to make this review realistic to vacationers (the room service menu had prices although it was included). The property is phenominal, the room staff is incredible (ours was Antonia, and she wrote us nice messages everyday!) and the food services staff is outstanding (Derek, Juan, Susan, Carolina and Pamela to note only a few). The check in staff was helpful whenever we had any questions.
I am actually quite disgusted with some of the comments posted on here. To put it into perspective, I do like the finer things in life (I drive a lexus, I play lots of golf and smoke cigars) - yet some of the comments here are clear demonstration to the world of how ignorant North Americans are. I actually am embarrassed as a Canadian to read these.... You people all own bentley's and have your own butler's or something?
ie: "No service for drinks at the pool" - It was 40 degrees and workers were outside collecting cups, serving food and drinks, while pouring sweat they were working so hard. I was sweating just laying in my chair and staff are walking around, fully clothed, working. The bar and pool staff worked their butts off to serve people the best they could. I'm in shock, they deserve praise.
It's not a confusing place at all, and when there is ANY confusion, the front desk is wonderful at helping. For example, we were leaving the resort one morning to go on an excursion and were leaving before one could make reservations. We put in a request at the front desk and when we got back to our room later in the afternoon, Stephanie (concierge) had written a personal letter to us confirming our reservation for that evening.....
Yet people complain? .... Sad, snobby North Americans....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal