The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Playa Conchal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The stay at the Westin was amazing. I could not ask for more. My wife and I spent 7 days of our honeymoon at this wonderful resort. The food was amazing and so was the service. I would definitely recommend Erick Garcia who is a adventure expert. He has many different activities to offer ranging from horseback riding, to ATV tours, to Zip-lining, beach massages, etc. He is located just outside the beach and he definitely knows his stuff. In addition, he offers many activities a whole lot cheaper than the resort does. All in all, my wife and I had a dream honeymoon in Costa Rica at the Westin.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are better because your near all the restaurants and the beach and you won't h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RazvanM332

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Me and my buddies went to costa rica to getaway from the city life. We booked the hotel because it looked great in pictures, was all inclusive and the stay included a round of golf. The hotel is even better than it looks, the golf was awesome and costa rica is heaven. We got to enjoy Costa Rica by booking excursions for snorkeling, atv rides and zip lining and white water rafting. We booked our excursions using the guys in the blue shirts right outside the hotel, on the way to the beach, carrying IPADs. The two guys, Erick and John, were really friendly, respectful and knowledgeable of the area and offered us great tours at really great prices compared to the rest of the places. They were not pushy, and the tours they offered all had 5 star service. So I would recommend these guys for booking trips. Overall, the trip was amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Aggie2K3
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We just spent a week at the Westin Resort and Spa at Playa Conchal in Costa Rica. We had a wonderful time at this tropical resort. Amazing facilities, incredibly friendly and attentive staff and truly outstanding food and beverage services! The hotel staff was probably the most helpful and friendly I have ever encountered! They went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. The restaurants offer and enormous variety of dishes of outstanding quality! We made reservations for all five restaurants on the day we arrived and thus were all set for the rest of the week. We never felt that the restaurants, breakfast area or bars were crowded, or that we had to wait much. The pool areas are beautiful, and were at all times quiet and relaxing! The exuberant tropical setting of the resort and its surroundings was fascinating and provides ample entertainment opportunities and a variety of excursions. We went to a volcano, cloud forest, sip-lines, surfing, etc… What a great place! We will definitively be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious and very nice. We had a 2nd floor with view towards the golf course. Very qui...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rudolf J
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My new husband and I went on our honeymoon May 6-13th. It was the beginning of rainy season, so the hotel was not very crowded and very private. It only rained 3 times for 30-60 minutes. Great opportunity for a nap!! The property was beautiful and the staff was very nice and accommodating. All the restaurants were very good with our favorites being the French and Italian restaurant. The pizza place was great as well for a poolside lunch or snack. Room service was timely and delicious. We went on 3 excursions and booked all thru Swiss travel which is located in the lobby. The volcano/hot springs tour, canopy tour and half day of fishing. All excursions were amazing. The volcano tour was great but it was a 3 hour drive there and back....long day but fun!! On our fishing trip, we caught 20 Mahi Mahi and the hotel was able to prepare it for us for lunch and it was amazing. There are photographers that roam the property and their pictures are amazing! We ended up buying 9 pics! The pool was our favorite part of the property! We spent many hours laying out and wading in the pool! I would definitely return!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the regular suites and it was clean and beautiful with an amazing bed. Wasn't wort...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elena M
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed at Playa Conchal this past May for a week with my mom, who had never been to an all inclusive before. I myself have been to two previously in Playa Del Carmen & Negril Jamaica & Playa Conchal along with Costa Rica was a much, much better experience hands down! It was absolutely wonderful from the airport puck up to check out, it was all a breeze & a truly relaxing vacation from start to finish!
First off the staff at Playa Conchal are amazing! They are so incredibly polite, professional & genuine, which is something you don't usually experience at an all inclusive. The staff at the front desk Yovan, Eder & Fernando to name a few are always available to answer any question you may have in seconds. Even a full week long detailed weather report to assist in planning day trips.
For those that are not big walkers or have a dissability the shuttles come to your room in seconds & Gabriel from the main lobby will make sure you don't have to go down the main stairs.
Chris in the main lobby makes the best Mojitos! They were our prefered drink from start to finish!
Everybody works extremely hard at this resort & unlike other resorts where there is an obvious hiarchy amongst the employees, at Playa Conchal everyone seems to share the work despite it being their job or not. The genuine kindness & concern for guests comfort & satisfaction is evident all over the resort!
Room service always came faster than they estimated it would & they staff where once again very professional & polite as always!
The beach was breathtaking! The staff will help you carry a chair out to a shady spot on the beach all you have to do is ask & they'll oblige with a smile.
Our experience at The Westin Playa Conchal kept our opinion on the Westin chain high & the staff had everything to do with it!
It's very easy to go on a vacation & fall in love with the architecture or the food but this trip made us actually fall in love with the people of Costa Rica & our whole Playa Conchal experience had everything to do with it!
I have and will recommend this resort time & time again!
P.s the seating hostesses & waiters at the Buffet & restaurants are wonderful & truly take pride in what they are doing its obvious! Thanks to Fernando, Edgar, Alejandra, Katherine, Jorje, Johnathan , Cristian, Andres, Marisol, Guatavo & all the rest of the excellent staff at the bars & restaurants on the resort you do a fantastic job!
Don't forget to try the Heredia iced frapuccino at Cafe Britt on the resort the taste is unforgettable plus the staff will teach you everything there is to know about Costarican coffee!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Agapoulaazul
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This resort and spa were top notch. Excellent restuarants, activites (sailing, snorkeling, jet skiing, surf lessons, etc.). What made this trip amazing was not only the beautify country, but more importantly the people. The staff at the Westin went above and beyond to ensure we had were satisfied at all times. I highly recommend this resort and plan on going back again soon.

Room Tip: The Junior Deluxe Suite saitisfied all three of us to the room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank dawn c
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was my first visit to Costa Rica and despite the fact that it wasn't as sunny as I was hoping for, I fell in love with the country and look forward to my next trip there. The landscape is so green and luscious, the people are friendly, the beaches great and the OCEAN....like bathwater and so clean! I could have stayed in the water all day(out front of Westin). I followed other reviews and booked my river tour with monkeys etc... through ERICK GARCIA (men in blue just outside the hotel's entrance to the beach) and his wonderful crew: John Rodriquez, Rico Suave (lol) et al and it was better (and cheaper) than I expected. Totally organized and professional and I felt completely taken care of. Rico S. was a fantastic guide and made the hour long drive to/from the tour fun and informative. I was able to book my two 2hr horse trips independently with "Manuel" (found him approx. 100feet to the right of beach entrance w/ his horses...if he's not there, he's nearby...) who on the first day took me high up into the adjacent hills to get a spectacular view of the area and then on the 2nd time, into the local town and into the surrounding developed areas to get a real feel for the area. Manuel didn't speak a word of english but it didn't matter, he was still able to get the important information across and thank god he had bug spray!! The hotel was nice albeit a touch expensive esp. if you don't drink much keeping in mind I spent lots of time off site. Biggest tip for ease of mind and to SAVE MONEY...book your trips with ERICK. He has an Ipad to show you exactly where you'll be going and runs what appears to be an extremely professional and reliable operation. You won't regret it! Already looking for ways to get back down to CR!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo
15.5 km away
Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica

Been to The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort

Address: Playa Conchal, Bahia Brasilito, Playa Conchal 232-5150, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Guanacaste > Playa Conchal
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Playa Conchal
Price Range: $460 - $1,511 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort 4.5*
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, West Indies, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal