4,841 results
All reviews royal beach club erik garcia swim up bar dinner reservations room service zip lining our honeymoon costa rica swiss travel pizza italian restaurant main pool pura vida all inclusives lazy lizard hot springs make reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the time you step off the airplane, all the way up to your departure back on your flight you are treated with the upmost respect and pampered like a KING. The resort is beautiful and well-maintained the staff waits on you hand and foot. There’s 24 hour room service and there is also shuttles that transport you throughout the property. Please remember to get all of your bug spray, lotions and personal health care items before going to Costa Rica they are very expensive at the airport as well as on the property. For example a large bag of Doritos from the Westin gift shop cost $11. Be sure to sign up for some excursions my wife and I did the river boat cruise, This Cruise will take you down the river where you will see crocodiles, exotic birds, monkeys, crabs, fish and other wildlife Costa Rica has to offer. Be sure to put on plenty of bug spray because you will also go into parts of the jungle as you are on the river boat cruise. and we also did ATV riding that will last about two hours. You will ride the beaches, mountains, rivers, streams and through small towns on the ATVs. There is a stage on the property that has nightly entertainment such as Michael Jackson , the circus, a magic show, etc. our favorite restaurant was Mangular. This is a Brazilian style restaurant that continuously bring you various meats and to you tell them to stop. This is very important ...........be sure to make your dinner restaurant reservations as you are checking in the resort. I repeat make your restaurant reservations as you are checking into your room at the resort .......reservations are very hard to get , the restaurants fill up very quick for dinner, so make your dinner reservations for the whole week you are there upon arriving to the resort. I highly suggest going to the nearest town and getting your souvenirs and T-shirts and other items , they are 50 to 60% cheaper than the cost on the resort.
Our only complaint was access to the beach. upon walking on the beach you are attacked by the locals trying to sell you items they have handcrafted and Giving massages for $20 for one hour which is great. my wife took them up on that offer and she loved it..! also there is no seating on the beach , no lounge chairs or umbrellas This is a public beach Westin has no control over this property But it is very safe to go on the beach. Last but not least, if you like to walk at night bring flashlights , the property is very dark with a little lighting at night, This is done so the wildlife can remain in its natural habitat.

Room Tip: Request a room in the middle of the resort near the restaurants.
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RAMAtlanta
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Service was excellent, the staff was friendly and willing to help when possible. The different restaurants were good as well. For tours we met Erik Garcia on the beach who offered amazing tours for reasonable prices. Saw the turtles hatch and sloths in their natural habitat!

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trail05276724420
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As far as hotel- staff is friendly. We would stay at secrets over Westin in a heartbeat. I did like the fact no bugs like at secrets- mosquitoes to be exact. Westin had other bugs like ants in the room. Food was okay- nothing fabulous other than Italian restaurant & wood fire pizza at spirula was good with lots of options. Didn’t get to try Asian or Mangular restaurants due to being closed or reservations full.
Rooms were very nice- housekeeping hit & miss as far as towels (#of towels given). They moved us to a “premium”room due to kids being above us in first room & extremely noisy.
For the disappointing issues-just being honest not critical but in case other people want to know.
Beach area is very nice but Westin has NO chairs on beach to enjoy. Beach vendors very pushy & greet you at the very second you step out the beach entrance & there is only 1 designated entrance. Sad no paddle boards as it would be great area for such activities.
Didn’t like only option for breakfast was buffet -unless you were in the beach club or family area. Reservations were difficult at times & had to eat dinner buffet- resort not full & not high season so surprising. Coffee...very sad no options for coffee. In coffee country of Costa Rica & the only coffee shop was not included in the all inclusive package. We could only get coffee in room- espresso maker or at buffet or outside buffet. Not certain if I wanted cup in afternoon I could find one.
If one does not like wild life I would avoid Westin. Raccoons-families of them to be exact & if you had food they would climb on chairs around pool to grab! One even bit my bag to try & take. Do not scare easily. Iguanas galore as well & howler monkeys. I didn’t mind animals but surprised with kids at the resort they aren’t concerned about animal bites, etc.
pool area very nice & pool bar accommodating. Lots of greenery around pool for shade & privacy from beach. Nice it was nonsmoking resort.
Spa was beautiful.. was wishing I could have taken in more of the amenities of the spa but didn’t work for my schedule that day.
Activities - had quite a few planned daily but most lasted like 5-10 minutes. Ceviche making done in less than 10 minutes. Bingo-1 game only of bingo. Not complaining but just found it strange. Yoga on the beach was good!
Really liked the shuttle to tamarindo & that it was only 25 minutes away!

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at this resort for 4 days at the Adults only Royal Beach Club. Unfortunately for me the night of my arrival I got a stomach bug so I didn't have a chance to enjoy the all inclusive part as much, as I could barely eat anything throughout my stay.

However I have to still say that everything about this resort is excellent. The service and staff are beyond hospitable, they should come over here to Canada and teach our service workers how guests are ought to be treated.
The food and drink I did manage to eat were excellent, no complaints there.

Beach had red tide so was little smelly and looked very brown, nobody was swimming here, but this is out of the control of the hotel.
I absolutely loved the room service as I couldn't even get out of bed sometime and they brought me everything I needed at anytime of day.

Room are well appointed with attention to small details.
Would definitely want to stay here again while Im feeling healthy next time :-D

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Gross. Dirty towels left around pool. Highly intoxicated people at pool and surrounding areas. Drinks and food subpar. Beautiful area but so much left undone by mediocre and staff who “can’t wait to be off for the day”. Go elsewhere!!!

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Destination826563
Yasil A, Manager at The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Destination826563,

We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write this "quick description" of your recent visit to our resort.

Based on your comments, most worrying is the food and drinks quality, of which we go to great lengths to create a distinctive and unique All-Inclusive vacation, especially considering our wide offering of gastronomic options (8 restaurants and 6 bars, including 24 hour room service). We understand it is somewhat intricate to fully delight customers new to this type of product and we are sorry we could not meet your expectations. Nonetheless, I have taken note of all of the suggestions on our opportunity areas, like improving the towel collection process at the swimming pool.

Sincerely: