Villa Buena Onda
Hotel Coco Palms(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$102
Hotel La Puerta del Sol(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$70
Toro Blanco Resort(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$80
Laura's House(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$60
Hotel Colono Beach(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotel Coco Beach & Casino(Playas del Coco)
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Villa Del Sol(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$53
Hotel M&M Beach House(Playas del Coco)
  • Breakfast included
Cafe de Playa(Playas del Coco)
  • Pool
All reviewshidden beacheach mealtreated like royaltyboutique hotelcosta ricacooking classswim up barthe entire staffhappy hourshuttle serviceperfect honeymoonfood allergiesempanadascouples massagelocal beachesmaster suitezip lining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I visited in April, the week after Easter. It was the most relaxing and wonderful resort we have ever been to. The staff was amazing, the food incredible, and the room was comfortable and very luxurious. In addition, it was my husband's first time out of the country and he was slightly fearful. By day 3, due to the staff's advice, he got out and ran 12 miles on the local roads and had even learned some Spanish! We had our privacy and also made some lovely friends the last 2 days. I can't recommend this place enough. If you are looking for a lot to do, then this isn't the place for you. If you are looking to really unwind and be pampered, then this is it! Thanks to everyone for letting me practice my Spanish. I have never met such friendly, genuine staff on any vacation. I wish we lived closer. Muchas gracias and pura vida!
Sue & Dave from Chicago

Stayed: April 2018
MariaVBO, Public Relations Manager at Villa Buena Onda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi sschaub8,
We are very happy to read a review like yours. VBO is definitely ideal for those who look for a place to relax and be pampered by the staff. Now you have your piece of heaven here in Costa Rica whenever you wish to come back and keep practicing your Spanish! We hope you see you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited in April with my boyfriend and stay was wonderful. Small hotel with only 8 rooms so very private and cozy. 3 gourmet meals each day and a very attentive staff who goes out of their way to be sure everything is perfect. Pool and swim-up bar with 3 beaches nearby as well as other possible excursions to round out the stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaVBO, Public Relations Manager at Villa Buena Onda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Anne,
Thanks for your lovely review! We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay at VBO with your boyfriend. Definitely our boutique hotel is designed to make your stay private and relaxing. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2018

We were staying at Pacifico in a friends condo closer to town with my husbands parents and really wanted a night for ourselves. We found this spa and contacted the hotel. They were happy to accommodate a couples massage and dinner. My husband and I did the Couples package which included a 90 minute couples massage, a 45 minute facial, about an hour after to relax in a private Jacuzzi with a fruit plate and champagne. The massage was perfect, one of the best I have had. The facial was nice, it was my husbands first facial and he enjoyed it but probably wont do a facial again. He wasn't a big fan of facials so they massaged his scalp for half of it which he loved. The Jacuzzi was romantic and it made for a great couples evening. After the massage we went up to the restaurant area which overlooks the infinity pool and the whole bay. The sunset was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Everything was very reasonably prices for all that we were able to enjoy. We will definitely look at staying here the next time we come but I would highly recommend them for a massage even if you are just staying in town!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaVBO, Public Relations Manager at Villa Buena Onda, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to know that you truly enjoyed the Villa Buena Onda experience and that you are already thinking about staying at our boutique hotel the next time you visit Costa Rica. We certainly hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2018

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary in CR and spent two nights at VBO. The place is incredibly quaint and relaxing. It is such a small place that you get to know each other quickly. The staff were just as amazing as they get. They were friendly and helpful. Javier the server was our favorite, and his frozen lemonade at lunch is a must. As far as the place, it was very nice. If you're looking for lots to do, this IS NOT for you. If you are looking to relax with a few options to do, this is your place. We loved the town of Coco and enjoyed our morning there. We learned how to make tortillas an empanadas with Gabriel at VBO which was neat. And our message was fantastic. The food was good and happy hour was really nice. I will happily return!

Room Tip: Loved our end room on the secon floor. The window in the shower was neat! Also, views from here on floor were great.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarahnic07
MariaVBO, Public Relations Manager at Villa Buena Onda, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Hello Sarah,
Thank you for your amazing review! It was a pleasure to have you visit us at VBO. I agree with you: Javier's frozen lemonade is definitely a must! The massages are great to help you relax and recharge batteries. We hope to have you back soon so you can keep enjoying VBO!

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Right now you are reading this as well as other Villa Buena Onda reviews and perhaps some skepticism is creeping in; how can it be that good? As a cynical northeastener, I can share I felt the same way, but placed a call to Shelley at VBO, discussed our thoughts and decided this was the place for us because it was clear this is all about designing a unique experience around each guest.
Overall, the staff is remarkable, property tranquil, and the stress you bring in exits quickly. The vibe is one of inclusion that whispers loudly that it’s ok to treat yourself to something special- just ask and you shall receive at VBO.
I would rather not provide too many details as part of the fun here is having high expectations exceeded. And since the other guests are in the same boat, happy hour and meals can be unlike any other place you have stayed.

Room Tip: Upstairs corner room, Ocean Suite, had terrific views
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
MariaVBO, Public Relations Manager at Villa Buena Onda, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Hello Michael,
We love reading reviews like yours so that our future guests know what Villa Buena Onda is about. At VBO we do strive to take away the stress and help you relax. It was a pleasure for our staff to serve you. Thanks for such an amazing review and we hope to have you back soon!
Regards