“Family day on the boat”

Almaco Diving & Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Almaco's private customized boat tours are a great way to experience Costa Rica from the ocean’s point of view. For almost a decade we have been designing dynamic tours for small groups and families who want a little bit of everything while out on the water. We offer snorkeling, sport fishing, scuba diving (and instruction), surf trips (and instruction), standup paddling, wakeboard, waterski, inner tube, subwings, and hydrophones, on our morning and sunset tours, and unforgettable full day beach barbeque tours with delicious gourmet food.
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We booked a full day boat trip with our 6 and 2 year old children, and it was the best decision of the trip. I was a bit nervous when Owen picked us up and I found out he didn't have kids of his own. Let's be honest, it's hard to entertain them when they are your own blood! My worries weren't needed. Owen reviewed the safety features at the very beginning- good start. Then he shared the locations of all the drinks, snacks and bathroom. We started looking for turtles and dolphins and weren't disappointed. Captain Mario then took us to catch Dorado with success. Kid friendly finishing locations were then visited letting the kids pull in fish. Captain Mario even let the kids sit on his seat and check out the depth finder (he was used to kids). Next stop was a beautiful beach where we were provided more food than we could ever consume (wine too). Everything was delicious. Owen even helped my daughter build a shell tower. We tried a bit of snorkeling after a long lunch but the jellies were out. Overall it was a wonderful. Highly recommend this company.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"pod of dolphins"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We have been out with Almaco several times and are always impressed! Our latest trip included 8 family members and was with Rolbinn, Wilbur and Captain Allan - and we were lucky to see our old friends, Michi and Chipopa, for our delicious shore lunch! We fished, saw marine life, explored caves, wake boarded, tried the subwing (awesome!), drank our fair share of Imperials (!), listened to great music, always avoided the clouds and just loved hearing personal stories about Costa Rica from our gracious hosts! No detail is missed! Thank you to Bari and team!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

If I could give this company above 5 stars I would. This was my family's first time in Costa Rica, and Almaco sealed the deal for a return trip. Our trip was with Owen and Michi and we had so much fun. My brother, my dad, and I are certified to dive, with my mom extremely fearful of all things ocean. Owen and Michi met every single need of our trip: taking us three divers on two dives seeing sharks, rays, and a shipwreck, while my mom snorkeled with Michi and enjoyed fresh pineapple and coconut drinks on the boat. The crew was so personable, professional, knowledgable, and fun!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Our family of four spent a half day on the Almaco with Leo and Michi. We mainly wanted to snorkel and although it was a windy afternoon Michi and Leo found a cove for us, and Leo identified fish for us and advised about rocky areas to avoid, making sure we were all safe. We visited a mangrove and saw tons of fish, parrots and even a crocodile. Wrapped up with stand up paddle boarding and refreshments. The service was exceptional. This was our favorite activity in Costa Rica!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We found this company through Diego, who is a photographer we booked through the Four Seasons. Owen and his crew were amazing! We brought Diego along as well for his photography skills as well as lessons (Diego- also amazing opportunity to learn some photography!) The crew on our boat went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had what we needed. They were fun, spoke fluent english and really took care of us beyond our expectations. While three of us dove, 5 went snorkeling. Mid day we had an AMAZING beach BBQ that was prepared for us on a small beach away from the resort. Fresh fish, lobster and chicken were served along with yummy dips and dessert. The kids then went tubing and had the time of their lives! They said it was "the best tubing ever". We really enjoyed our day adventure with this crew and will book through them next time we're back! I HIGHLY recommend them for whatever water adventure it is you desire... fishing, snorkeling, diving, SUP, subwing, tubing, etc. Our family (5adults, 3kids) had an amazing time and would recommend
them to anyone! Thank you Owen, Diego and crew!