See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

There are some places that have an incredibly amazing vibe one can just feel. This is one of them. The hospitality was fantastic. The margarita special that day was so good I may or may not have had about six. The whole snapper was exactly what we wanted on our first dinner on vacation (ON THE BEACH). We drove there from the airport with no agenda and ended up even staying in their hotel. Having had this experience I won’t even think about flying into San Jose on my next trip. It will be Liberia and straight to Cafe De Playa. They have a cute little concierge type woman there who will point you in the direction of waterfalls, black sand beaches, and boating. The Yucatán and Key West used to be my go tos. Not anymore...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Went to Cafe de playa on a Sunday to see DJ Devon play and enjoy some happy hour drinks.. it definitely didn’t disappoint! I highly recommend checking out this place, the music was excellent, the drinks were great and you can’t beat that view!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Cafe de Playa is a hotel and a restaurant that is open to the public. The crashing of the waves on the black sand beach lulls you to sleep at night and the view of the gorgeous Pacific Ocean mesmerizes you during your meal.
The staff and owner, Carlos, are so friendly and accommodating. Their event planner, Michele, organizes really exciting events on location, but can also help you plan your excursions. She is a PRO!
I would definitely recommend giving this place a visit!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We flew into Liberia and took a quick trip to Playa de Coco for dinner before we drove to Monteverde the next day. Walking along the beach, we spotted the cool restaurant and went to check the menu. We didn’t see any specific vegan items on the menu, and the staff told us the chef would create anything we wanted! Talk about customer service! We had pasta primavera and it was great! Probably the best restaurant we visited on our 10 day trip (although every restaurant we visited was able to provide a delicious vegan meal.)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

What I liked about Cafe de Playa were the food, lodging, services and the view. For the food, they serve AMAZING FOOD. They have the BEST skirt steak in the place. People are nice, kind and sweet and always at your service. Plus, this place has an amazing view. Just AMAZING. If your in Guanacaste and you haven't tried Cafe de Playa, then you are missing something.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple