All reviews whole snapper costa rica playa agenda carlos coco excursions guanacaste
Reviewed February 25, 2018

I titled this review unforgettable because that's exactly what everything about this place was. I visited Costa Rica for the first time in January with a couple of buddies. We didn't have an actual agenda other than finding a great time. We happened to choose Playa del Coco as our first destination to visit after having done some research, and after arriving in the town stumbled upon Cafe de Playa. How lucky we were!!! The atmosphere and ambiance was EXACTLY what I dreamed Costa Rica would be. We were able to sit directly beach-side, drink absolutely delicious margaritas, watch the sunset, and log one of the most memorable first-nights of vacation I've ever experienced. The most incredible part had to be the group of locals that befriended us almost immediately...inviting us into their circle, and making it feel as if we had lived there forever.

I wouldn't do this review justice if I didn't also mention the amazing food as well. We had the whole snapper and ceviche...both were delectable and rounded out the entire experience as a perfect 10. I travel A LOT so that means something.

I will definitely be back during my next trip to CR...although I will not be disappointed if the experience isn't exactly what I had the first time...even something half as good would still be spectacular.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

There are some places that have an incredibly amazing vibe one can just feel. This is one of them. The hospitality was fantastic. The margarita special that day was so good I may or may not have had about six. The whole snapper was exactly what we wanted on our first dinner on vacation (ON THE BEACH). We drove there from the airport with no agenda and ended up even staying in their hotel. Having had this experience I won’t even think about flying into San Jose on my next trip. It will be Liberia and straight to Cafe De Playa. They have a cute little concierge type woman there who will point you in the direction of waterfalls, black sand beaches, and boating. The Yucatán and Key West used to be my go tos. Not anymore...

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Went to Cafe de playa on a Sunday to see DJ Devon play and enjoy some happy hour drinks.. it definitely didn’t disappoint! I highly recommend checking out this place, the music was excellent, the drinks were great and you can’t beat that view!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Cafe de Playa is a hotel and a restaurant that is open to the public. The crashing of the waves on the black sand beach lulls you to sleep at night and the view of the gorgeous Pacific Ocean mesmerizes you during your meal.
The staff and owner, Carlos, are so friendly and accommodating. Their event planner, Michele, organizes really exciting events on location, but can also help you plan your excursions. She is a PRO!
I would definitely recommend giving this place a visit!

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We flew into Liberia and took a quick trip to Playa de Coco for dinner before we drove to Monteverde the next day. Walking along the beach, we spotted the cool restaurant and went to check the menu. We didn’t see any specific vegan items on the menu, and the staff told us the chef would create anything we wanted! Talk about customer service! We had pasta primavera and it was great! Probably the best restaurant we visited on our 10 day trip (although every restaurant we visited was able to provide a delicious vegan meal.)

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple