“Great diving experience in Costa Rica! Thanks Bobble Jo!”

Sirenas Diving Costa Rica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sirenas Diving Costa Rica is a small, personalized diving, snorkeling and fishing company that is family owned and operated. We do not have a physical office, our office is on the internet and on the boat. We are affiliated with PADI for almost twenty years. Our boat is located in Playa del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. NEW! We offer half day bottom fishing tours. We fish twenty to thirty minutes from Playa Del Coco. Our captain has been fishing in these areas for thirty years and knows all the hot spots. We normally catch red snapper and grouper. You are also welcome to jump in the water for a quick snorkel or we can arrange a fishing and beach exploring trip for families. We teach a variety of PADI courses, from Discover Scuba through Rescue. There are more than twenty different dive sites, including our advanced dive sites at Catalina Islands and Islas Murcielagos (Bat Islands). Our trips are with small groups of up to six divers, keeping the trips small and personalized. Most of our local dive site accommodate snorkelers and divers with all levels of experience. With the seasons and water conditions changing so much, we have a variety of marine life, including: mantas, turtles, eagle rays, southern stingrays, seahorses, octopus, nurse sharks, bull sharks, whitetip reef sharks, thousands of schooling rays and fish. Our goal is to continue offering the best diving, fishing and snorkeling experience possible. Providing personalized excursions to our customers and friends from around the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great diving experience in Costa Rica! Thanks Bobbie Jo! Me and my family had an awesome experience diving off the coast of Playa del Coco. Bobby Joe and her crew did an excellent job tailoring our dives to suit both my son who was a first time diver and my wife and I for a deeper dives. Bobbie Jo answered all my online questions and every expectation was met as described. A very nice personal touch dive experience. We plan on moving to Costa Rica one day, and I'm sure we'll be using her services again.

Bobbie Jo B, Owner at Sirenas Diving Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Muchichimas Gracias
That is great news..We have many return divers and offer Friends and Family dive trips...Look forward to you return. We have many beautiful dive sites to explore and they are always changing and full of life.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I wrote a review after diving with Bobbi jo. But now, 3 months later I've done another 40 dives with 12 other dives shops. Sirenas was by far the best experience. Bobbi jo and her crew actually interact with you. Share information. And care. By now I've been out with so many people who are 'on their phones' most of the time, rarely point things out under water, either assume you know everything they do or just don't care about safety which means they are disregarding THE RULES of diving. And while many people will say that once you've had over 50 dives-you do know the drill. That said.... when DM's and shops don't ask the right questions or give you information or ask to see your certifications..... you can guarantee they are not that interested. Bobbi jo and her peeps rock. And DO your open water or AOW with her. I can't imagine a more thorough teacher! And it makes all the difference. I've met divers with 50 dives still petrified. And I truly believe it's their crappy instructors. Bobbi jo is the best person to lean from in all of Costa Rica, nicaragua and Honduras put together! Go see her!

Muchichimas gracias for the follow up review Joanna :)
Hope you are doing well and that you return soon for some more fun diving. Looking forward to diving with you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Great time with Bobbie Jo, Bob and the boat staff this morning. Three dives, including two wrecks, lunch on a remote beach, and getting dropped off right in front of our house. Small group, personal touches, lots of attention (my first dives as a certified diver) made for a great day. Highly recommended!

Bobbie Jo B, Owner at Sirenas Diving Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Muchichimas Gracias Steve
You are going to be a great diver...keep up the good diving practices. We have many beautiful sites to explore, so hurry back soon!

Pura Vida!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

It was our first visit to Costa Rica so wasn't quite sure what to expect as far as diving went & after much research decided to go with Bobby Jo as it was a much smaller, personal operation than the others & I have to say it was a great choice.
We arranged what dives on what days before we arrived & on the day of the first dive Bobby Jo & crew picked us up from our hotel beach along with all our kit & off we went to do a couple of local dives around Monkey Rock to orientate ourselves. The crew got all the kit ready whilst we had the safety briefing & down we go for a great dive with the highlight being a huge Eagle Ray.
After the second dive we got dropped back at the hotel beach & left all our kit with them to sort out & clean.
The second day we went out we ran into one of the other local dive boats & it was big & looked like they were diving in quite large groups which means if one diver is low on air & has to come up the rest have to follow but we didn't have that problem & after the first dive we were dropped on a beautiful beach whilst Bobby Jo prepared lunch.
And so it carried on with great dive sites, great sea life, great company & attention.
Nothing to do with Bobby Jo but the only down side was seeing the huge amount of fishing boats taking guests out to kill things for fun.
A huge thank you to Bobby Jo & crew & sorry it took me so long to get around to this.
Bob & Diana

1  Thank flatovercrest
Bobbie Jo B, Owner at Sirenas Diving Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Muchichimas Gracias Bob and Diana
You both were great fun to dive with and an awesome buddy team.
Hope you decide to return soon for some more fun diving adventures in Costa Rica!
Puras Dieces

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Bobbie Jo gives you a very personal trip. She goes with on all the dives and knows, not only the best places to go, but where the wildlife can be found at each location. She makes you feel welcome and comfortable with each dive. I would definitely use her again!

1  Thank Rik I
Bobbie Jo B, Owner at Sirenas Diving Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thanks Eric
I look forward to your return :) We have many beautiful sites to explore!
Pura Vida!