“These guys are AMAZING”
Review of Aquacenter Diving

Aquacenter Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: AQUACENTER DIVING retails and operates as a full service Resort Dive Center with regularly scheduled trips, dive packages, introductory courses, and a complete line of certification training programs. The scuba center is located in Guanacaste, close to the beach, next to the Flamingo Marina and just minutes away from guest accommodations. As a dive operator of an international dive destination, we provide dive quality, qualified staff, convenient diving and excellent customer service.
Reviewed April 22, 2017

We visited Potrero with the intention of scuba diving, and after talking with Mauricio for a few minutes, he assured us that doing multiple days of 2-tank dives was a great value for money and very safe.

We did a total of 3 days of 2-tank diving to the Catalinas Islands, and had a BLAST. Giovanni was our instructor and he was funny, very knowledgeable and extremely professional. He is an oceanographer and knows a ton about under sea life.

Mauricio, Giovanni and Stefano are very professional, very curteous and will make sure that your diving adventures are a success. Don't hesitate to book with these guys, I'd give them 80 stars if I could.

Date of experience: April 2017
in 8 reviews
"crew"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed March 20, 2017

My travel agent recommended The Aauacenter when I went to Costa Rica and I was NOT disappointed! Mauricio runs a very clean well kept dive center. They have all the equipment on-site for use and the gear is kept up very well. The dive masters on my 4 dives were Risky, Sam, David, Stephano, and Cori. They were all very knowledgeable about the area, super professional, and though safety was a priority, they also made sure everyone had fun. Stephano, David, and Risky have been in Costa Rica for several years now and knew the dive sites with their eyes closed. Even though the 1st trip was plagued with unusually cold water, high winds, and the visibility was about 2 meters (6 feet), we still had fun and of course the dive center can not control Mother Nature. :-) A few days later on my second dive, the wind had almost disapeared. The water was about 80% clearer than the previous dive and we were able to see lots and lots of Starfish, Moray Eel, a Sea Turtle, a Manta Ray, a White Tip Shark, Dolpins, several species of puffer fish, along with one that was the biggest I have ever seen! It was about the size of a 5 gallon paint bucket! In total, I was super impressed with The Aquacenter, as well as the Playa Flamingo area where we departed from. I would definitely recommend The Aquacenter if you are looking for a great SCUBA getaway while you are vacationing in the Guanacaste Province of Costa Rica.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed March 19, 2017

While visiting Costa Rica did 4 dives with Aqua Dive Center. Staff & dive team great also dive boat was nice & big with a washroom. Lots of room to move around during surface time & a great boat to dive off. I highly recommend this if you want to go diving, also the dive where great but vis was low due to time of year. Minus that with low vis seen tons off school fish, eels , turtles and other varieties. If vis was better I couldn't imagine how much more I could of seen. I would defiantly go back to this dive shop if I visited there again. Great time thanks Aqua Dive center team !

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Celine was awesome! We did the discover scuba session as my kids haven't completed their open water dives yet (didn't have enough vacation time for them to complete their certification in CR). She did a great job of adapting our experience to our experience level.
It was SUPER windy that day so we didn't go to the Catalina islands, but still saw a ton of fish...two giant schools of Jack fish, sting rays, puffer fish, eels, etc., etc.,... we had a great time with someone who genuinely loves what they do! Thanks again Celine!

Date of experience: February 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went out with Aquacenter three times, for a total of six dives. We are certified rescue, with roughly 160 dives between us. This outfit fully met our expectations, and then some.

Knowing diving in this area of the Pacific has both days of limited visibility and strong surge, we researched the area's dive shops ahead of time. We wanted atttentive, knowledgeable dive masters and smaller groups. Check and check.

Highly recommend Aquacenter...and when back in the area, we'd dive with them again. Celine and Stephan were great!

While aboard the Aqua Song, we met Risky, of One Love diving, who also impressed us with his passion, knowledge and skill. So, a two-for-one review!

Date of experience: February 2017