Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Pool
Paradise Dreams Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Pool
Massai Apartments(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$53
Flamingo Cabinas(Playa Flamingo)
US$50
Casas del Toro - Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$152
Hotels.com
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$79
Conchal Hotel(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
Travelocity
Colores del Pacifico(Playa Flamingo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmonkey barprivate beachcosta ricapoolsrentbeaches
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just spent ten days in condo 413 and had a great stay. The hotel is in need of some updates and maintenance but our condo was fantastic. Very clean and modern. The Monkey Bar and Restaurant were not open but may be open during busier times. The pool by monkey bar was immaculately kept and the grounds in front of the condo were well maintained. The beach out front is beautiful and so quiet. As we rented privately we did not deal with employees directly however our interactions with the guard, cleaning and front staff was friendly.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

I would give this place a low rating. Our couch which doubled as a bed was against the wall because it would not stay up, in the middle of the floor. The lights alternately flickered and then dimmed depending on when the A/C cycled on and off. The lights went off for a few minutes one time late in evening for no apparent reason-no storms or anything.

The view of ocean was great (room 105) and the pool was real nice including swim-up bar. The ambiance there was very pleasant.

Know that in this place there is no in -room Wi-Fi-only in public area on second floor and by pool which is on first floor.

Beach is smallish but cozy and we enjoyed a nice swim. They have kyaks for free to guests.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We took this resort from an Interval Exchange. It was not any where up to our expectations. Looks like place was deserted. Bar and restaurant were closed, resort was at the top of a very steep hill and you had to climb lots of stairs or a washed out road which was too difficult for us. Unit we had was well worn and pretty barren in comparison to other resorts we have been to. Taxi driver from airport didnt think resort was opened and went in to check before he let us leave the van. Man from resort who appesred to be in charge offered the bar tenderr to transport us around, since Jason didnt have an open bar to operate. Pool bar had a big chunk of concrete missiing, and 2 men were there surveying the property. There wew about 5 other people we saw walking around the property. Most of the local people we met didnt think the resort was doing business. We stayed one night and with the help of a local person found another place to stay. We had to pick up the additional cost since Interval International didn't approve the change but they did restore our week and fee so at least that was something . The vacation was saved but started us off on a bad foot in a country weve never seen.

Room Tip: Wouldnt stay there but iyt did have a nice view of bay sitting up on a high hill like it was
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eddy212016
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

This condo was very close to the beach making it extremely attractive to rent. However the appliances were dated and should be updated. The 2nd bedroom as well needed updating. Since we were only 2 people it sufficed. We also were not there a lot. The condo would suit a couple with one orvtwo children but not 2 couples. That being said we did ennoy our time there.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The1Nana
Reviewed April 1, 2017

Let's see--where shall I begin? I couldn't find anyone at the front desk the 3 times I tried. First time the security man helped me find him, but the next 2 times I just came back to the room after waiting around the area for several minutes. There is a bell but it didn't work. My husband said someone was in the dark office the next morning, but then I no longer was seeking help.
The junior suite has two rooms, first having 2 beds and a bath, and the next room, separated by a door, is the kitchen/dining room, which is spacious. The kitchen is equipped with a rice cooker. It is minimally furnished in every aspect. The bed sheets were thin and old. The bed didn't cave in so I was thankful for that! But my husband who had to sleep on the futon said that it caved in the middle.
The toilet started leaking in the evening (we were visiting the beaches in the afternoon), where the sound of gushing water made us think that the toilet was going to overflow any moment. Unfortunately, the rest of the flushes had to be dealt with by picking up the tank lid and pulling the balloon up.
Then we lost electricity during the night. With the humidity and no air flow in the bedroom, we were quite uncomfortable but there wasn't much we could do at that time.
In my opinion the manager should be replaced or trained properly. As we were checking out I explained our experience to him but instead of apologizing (even if he didn't feel bad, as I can tell by his demeanor) he actually looked annoyed. That I believe was the worst part. No more Playa Flamingo Marina 'Resort' for us.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family