See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I would totally recommend Veranera if you want a comfortable and safe vacation. The Maneger is totally hands on and always ready to help if neccesary. The romms have enough space and the place is so close to the beach that it makes things a lot easier. I love Grande and we were very lucky that I friend hooked us up with Veranera. Can´t wait to go back!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If Playa Grande is your destination, this is the perfect place to stay. Private, clean, secure, & around the corner from the beach! Thanks to the extremely helpful staff too!
You can find delicious cocktails & food at Marbar, Upstairs at RipJack, & The Great Waltini's.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Spiritjw
Reviewed May 3, 2013

First let me say that I debated writing a review because this place is secluded and quiet and I am afraid too many people will ruin that but Manny the co-owner deserves some props. This place is 45 minutes from the Liberia Airport by way of two paved roads(those who have been to Costa know how rare that is). It is a true 5 min walk to the beach but when we were there it was 100 degrees so we drove. Plus the best shade is on down the beach so it is faster. Either way you are close.
We were 2 couples and we stayed in the two bedroom apartment. Manny was there for a couple of days and greeted us and showed us around. He hooked us up with all the connections around the area and made sure we were well prepared for the week. Manny if you're reading this, Thanks for eveything!!! So Chill!! The apartment was well put together and was very comfortable. Also while we were there they were replacing old hardware and such in the other apartments which is great. We will have to come back and check out the new digs. The A/C was very cold, the beds very comfortable and the kitchen well equipped. Also the landscaping was amazing and beautiful even when everything around the area was dry. The grass is just crazy. If you go, you will understand.
I must also speak of the area becuase it really just added to it all. First let me give props to Justen from Playa Grande Inn, as he was the property manager and all around guru of all things needed. Any and all questions were answered by him and his number is in the welcome booklet. Secondly the whole place felt like we were a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of life at a friends house. The waves were great, the people friendly, all the food amazing and the sunsets breathtaking. A little tip, if you take the last right before the beach and drive all the way through the preserve, and a quick little hike over the peninsula you will find the black beach. Takes less than 10 minutes and my wife was 5 months pregnant. We were there for 3 hrs and watched the sunset and never saw another person.
All in all a truly amazing place and if we ever need a quick getaway this will be first on the list.
This place gets its own pool and I might have to start renting!!!

Room tip: For now you can swim at the PGI pool and with the MAR BAR right next door, trust me when I say you might end up getting lost here for a few hours.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Smileymed33
grandemanny, Owner at Apartamentos Veranera, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and in Grande.......Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my first time to Costa Rica and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I decided on Apartamentos Veranera from the reviews I read and the location to the beach and I was not let down.
The booking process was incredibly easy, Kimberly the owner was very helpful and answered all my questions before I arrived. Justen their property manager greeted me upon arrival and took great care of me while I was there. He also runs a near by hotel PGI so it is always easy to find him if needed and the apartments have phones in them as well so he was also just a phone call away. He has lived in the area for many years and was extremely helpful. He helped me book me surfing lessons, a trip to go zip lining and even a massage.
I really liked staying at an apartment vs a hotel as I had a full kitchen to cook in and didn't always have to go out. But when I did, there was great food just steps away. I really liked the Marbar- you have to try there fish tacos and Ripjack for sushi, tell Fern I said hello! In the morning I would stop by PGI and see Lynn at RAW and have a fresh pressed juice or smoothie, perfect way to start my day.
The apartment was very comfortable and clean. The outside patio was lovely as I could sit and watch the sunset or listen to the howler monkeys. The bathroom was spacious and had lots of hot water and great pressure, something I heard you don't always find.
I would highly recommend and am already planning a trip back next year.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had an incredible time at Apartamentos Veranera in Playa Grande and will definitely stay there again on my next trip down to PG. Here is an overview of why Apartamentos Veranera and Playa Grande are the right choice for you.

Location: Perfect location, a true 5 minute walk to the beach (you could sprint there in a minute) and a one minute walk to get to the wonderful local restaurants/bars.

Residences: Set on an immaculately kept property, with tons of beautiful foliage, you will feel at home in paradise upon first entering the property. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which had a lot of space, good air conditioning, a full kitchen, great shower with hot water (sometimes in Playa Grande places lack hot water and I was extremely happy with the water condition), a gorgeous balcony with picturesque views of the surrounding area that perfectly captures the sunset and a TV that I didn’t use because I was in paradise. Everything was extremely clean and worked, which doesn’t always happen in Costa Rica. Just 10 minutes at the apartamentos and all of the stress I came with from NY dissipated away. I don’t recall a place I have stayed where I felt so relaxed, at home and in such a zen state. The only downside (to some), if I have to mention any, is that sometimes people can be woken up by the howler monkeys, but I thought it was pretty cool that I was able to interact with one from my balcony. You also get to see lots of unique birds and various lizards/iguanas.

Service/Management: From day one of attempting to set up my reservation (and ask 1001 annoying pestering questions) the owners of the property, Manny and Kim, as well as the property manager, Justin were impeccable! There was nothing that they didn’t do. To begin with, they arranged for my pick up from the airport, at rates below the cabs at Liberia Airport. Whether I wanted to go surfing, watch turtles drop off eggs at the beach, go zip-lining, or anything, all 3 jumped in to help at all stages. From the moment you first speak with them, they treat you like family (the good type of family, not like a mother-in-law you hate) and want to ensure you have the best time possible. The customer service was completely first rate. This is coming from someone who consistently stays at 4 star hotels and always finds something to complain about. At the end of the day, they are great people enjoying the little slice of paradise called Playa Grande and wanting to ensure everyone has the same experience. They all went above and beyond the call of duty.

Playa Grande: I personally love Playa Grande as a peaceful break from NYC. If you are looking to relax, surf, eat well and enjoy nature and animal life, while meeting great people along the way, this is the place for you. Also, it is a great place to go with a group of friends looking to reconnect or get away together. It is not a party town, so don’t expect late nights, but we could all use a break from that at some point. Some last tips if you go. Make sure you go to Marbar and order the ceviche and tuna tacos, and go to PGI for their weekly barbecue and poker night, and lastly have some great sushi at Rip Jack Inn.

In conclusion, I loved staying at Apartamentos Veranera for so many reasons that I have likely forgotten a few, but if you go, you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: January 2013