“Needs a little TLC”
other travellers have booked this property
The pool & sunset.
Patio view. View  outside villa.
Check Availability
Purple room
A happy couple.
Master bedroom.
Kid's room
Villa's  view in the early  morning.
The kitchen view.
Living room & patio view.
Outside patio view.
Hallway
Bathroom 1
Bathroom 2
Master bedroom.
master bedroom view
Part of laungry room
Part  of the laungry room
A beautiful  view of Hermosa beach.
A large lguana on the beach.
View behind of the house in early morning before sunrise.
Inside of the villa.
Marvelous sunset of our beach Hermosa.
A large tropical iguana on the beach.
Hermosa beach just in munites walk. Rainbow
Feeding butterflies.
Live music & a fancy sunset on Hermosa beach.
Hermosa beach sunset
A pink sunset.
Romantic sunset on the beach.
Sunset at Hermosa beach.
Mini -golf down below community.
A  baby iguana on the patio.
A fancy view from the patio.
Map of Playa Hermosa.
Map of Playa Del Coco.
On the beach.
View the community down below.
Hermosa beach in the evening.
View on a public pool with two slides  down below  the community.
Lovely creatures
One from different sunsets on 'Hermosa beach'
Rainbow  & Hermosa beach.
Hermosa beach in day time.
The villa with reflection the ocean views on glass the  main door.
Airplane view of Playa Hermosa.
Alive music on Hermosa beach.
Silent evening on Hermosa beach
A large , amazing public pool with two slides & bar down below  the community.
Romantic evening on Hermosa beach with glass of wine.
Scuba diving in Guanacaste.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Drfred39
Sarasota
“Needs a little TLC”
Reviewed February 3, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

When we arrived everything appeared to be in good working condition. The view was wonderful, the kitchen was nice with a large refrigerator, and the bedrooms were as pictured on the web site. Now for the practical matters: The washer and dryer were so filled with wet linens and towels that it would have been difficult to insert a handkerchief without first running the machines ourselves. When I say that they were filled I mean filled beyond ANY safe capacity. The lint trap was overflowing and I was somewhat concerned that maybe the system was blocked but that wasn't the case--the lint trap was really efficient and considering the loads that they were subjected to it was easy to understand why. When we dried all of the loads and attempted to use the washer, suds and water came up out of a drain in the floor of the master bath and covered about 60 percent of the floor. Another problem we encountered was a damaged wax seal under the toilet and no caulking around this toilet at the base. When this toilet was flushed, water and sewer gas bubbled out of the base onto the floor--not too pleasant. We had a tough time with the light switches placed in shot gun fashion around the living room/kitchen of the house--clearer labels would help here. And finally, the pool was too cold to use. The switches and cold pool were minor annoyances but the water coming up in the bathroom was a major problem! We ate only breakfasts at the house because we were on the go nearly all of the time. Outside of the plumbing problems I would suggest better lighting at the rear of the house and trimming the shrubs so one can pass safely along the walkway after dark. Basically we were a family of six including my daughter, son-in-law, and the boys (6 and 10 years old), and we had a blast! We WILL return to Costa Rica again soon but probably not here!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The sunsets
Liked least: The plumbing problem in the master bath
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
12 Feb 2015
Dear Mr. Fred thanks for your time you spent for writing the review. Your trouble with water in bathroom was fixed in the same day. The property manager services always a very wonderful - all guests very much likes him.
During your vacation you needed in his help and he spent many hours helping to your family. Let me explain to you about the light at night .. There the motion sensors on both sides of the house there four of them with an incredible bright lamps even a person with poor eyesight will see and not only a walkway , but even very small insects will be visible nicely. Motion sensors turning on light when the person is still at a distance from home. You were asking turn on heater in the pool based on the review other person... There no heaters in the pools in Costa Rica. Costa Rica a very hot country especially hot in Guanacaste and naturally heating a water in the pools. The temperature in the pool changes often during the year, depending on the sun's location. And often a water in the pool a very warm. Mostly guests prefer a cooler water in the pool , than a hot temperature in air. The heater system will not work in humid climate it what speak professionals. Would be logically, if someone else from my guests would tell about the same things what you wrote in your review. But all apposite very happy with everything. Anyway my apologies for the delivered you into trouble in my house. Again thanks.
Russ L
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“Great location and amenities in Costa Rica”
Reviewed January 18, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Good for group of 6, great for small family of 4 or two couples. Great service and well maintained. The photos are accurate and a good representation of the property. Hermosa is a great location for kick back stay, or launching pad for tours and adventure.

Marina is very fair and professional as well as Tim and Beachfront. Great pool guy too; Erik. All very nice and professional.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool and view
Liked least: The beds. They could use a BBQ also.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
J B
Vancouver, Canada
“Hermosa Heights - Christmas in Costa Rica”
Reviewed December 29, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Wonderful unit. Very private for a condominium complex.
Thankful we switched from Coco beach to Hermosa Heights.
The management is very friendly.
The theatre is awesome; better than most theatres in most cities.
The infinity pool in our unit was too cold but we fixed that by having the property manager turn the pump on during the hottest part of the day using the sun to heat it up a bit.
The main pool was an absolute blast and was pretty much all ours whenever we used it. The little water slides are wicked fast!
The mini-golf was fun but is in dire need of maintenance.
The security staff were very friendly.
Loads of linens, towels, beach towels, laundry soap and utensils but you do need to bring your own condiments.
We bought and left an HDMI cable so you can watch Netflix if you have your own player (as I do).
The grocery store down the road is cheaper than the larger one in Coco Beach and well stocked.
Parking is $2 everywhere but you don't need to worry about your contents as there is always a person watching over it - well worth the $2.
Playa Hermosa is a laid back beach with many options for restaurants.
Playa del Cocos is more like Playa del Carmen (but much smaller) in Mexico. Much more activitiy there.
Monkey trail is a great road in the dry season. If you rented a car don't worry about taking it on that road. Take the 'Upper' road as opposed to the 'River road' when you are provided that option unless you have a 4X4 or a strong sense of adventure.
Bernal at Tico tours (along with Marco and Juan Carlos) are super fun. I highly recommend them!!!
We took a trip to Rio Celeste. I'm from Canada and have driven MANY back roads. You really need to be courageous to take a non 4X4 up to Rio Celeste from the main road. We stopped at the Info Centre in Bijagua and they connected us to Jorge Luis Soto of Rio Celeste Backpackers. He not only drove us up to the park but also walked with us and showed us things we would NEVER have seen. (My wife and I are both avid campers so I do not state this lightly. All this for $80! A real bargain! Red eyed frogs, sloths, howlers, 2 types of touans, etc. All in less than 3 hours!)
We're coming back for sure!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The infiinty pool. Awesome view!
Liked least: The infinity pool. Too cold. We would love to have watched the stars at night from the pool.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
8 Jan 2015
My dear guests, I am reading your good review and in your attitude to things I really recognizing myself! :) I could not buy a house a long time.., we were In the three countries in Latin America choosing the best place and the best house. And finally we arrived to Costa Rica and be seeing a lot of areas of CR and plenty houses! 9 months I could not choose the right house which I really would like. People already tired from my many questions! :) Finally I was impressed by area in Playa Hermosa and by villa. People said to me that I am a very picky person in everything, I am just smiled and have told , that I can do nothing with this. Thank you for your wonderful review. We are in many looks on things the same.:)) Next time when you will arrive in CR don't pay to an illegally working in yellow vests and demanding $2 for watching your car. They just usual small deceivers. But of course , if you have desire to make a help to poor people this is a wonderful decision. But those guys will not watch your car as they promise, only , if they a legal security guards. Again thanks!!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing