See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2018

awesome spot , I was with my wife , kids and dog , full space , in a very private location !

if you are looking for a place away from multitudes this is the right place for you , the service is super warm and kind.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank mberges
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Paraiso del Cocodrilo is a fantastic location with a magnificent garden and a great pool. The beach nearby is a real gem. Hardly anybody on a great white sand beach with a stunning view.

The bungalows are usefull with all required household equipment for a couple of days.

Breakfast is absolutely marvelous.

Only possible downside is the muddy road to come to the place in the rainy season which takes you half an hour from Playa de Samara but that is also the reason the place and the beach stays so quiet.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rana c, Inhaber at Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you very much and we hope you have a nice vacation in Costa Rica. If you want do also a Recommendation in booking. Thanks
Rainer

Reviewed June 6, 2017

I've been visiting Samara for about 15 years. There are many good choices if you're looking for a place to stay - camping, hostels, B&B, hotels. Over the years, I've stayed at many of them but this is the only hotel I've ever recommended

The location and local beaches are magical. The hotel and the grounds are beautiful. The staff and owner are warm & friendly, but respectful of your privacy. It's obvious that the Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo was made as a labor of love.

I suggest you reach out to them and ask them if you can stay in paradise for a little while. I'm sure they will welcome you. Pura Vida!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Rana c, Inhaber at Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Thank you, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

We showed up in Samara with four small kids after a two hour drive from Liberia to be told we had been double booked by Trip Advisor and there was no availability. This was Easter weekend; the busiest Fri of the year. The owner could not explain why nobody called or e-mailed me but just threw his hands up and said it wasn't his fault. He didn't offer to help, give us a free dinner, or compensate in any way. He said our best bet was to get in the car and drive out of town to see if we could find something. We went next door to the Flying Crocodile. They didn't have a room but she called around and found us a place that was $100 dollars more at Las Ranas. If you want to stay in this spot, I recommend the hotel, The Flying Crocodile. Stay away from Paraiso de Cocodriles.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Rana c, Inhaber at Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

We sincerely regret, but we had written directly after the reservation that we have no room free. Otherwise, they are a very loving and religious person, and many thanks for the review.

Reviewed February 11, 2017

My sister and I stayed here for three nights and LOVED it SO much that we rebooked it for her last two nights yet to come in Costa Rica! The hotel itself is quite eclectic, with beautiful architecture and stunning and lush grounds which are extremely well maintained. The staff and owner were incredibly gracious and accommodating, and allowed me to have my 5lb. Yorkie stay with us. Our room was huge and well appointed with good and comfortable furniture; as well, it contained a tiny studio kitchen, should we decide to cook in our rooms - however, the restaurant at the hotel had such great food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) that we ended up not cooking at all! The swimming pool was large and crystal clear, with loads of pretty lounge chairs... all in great shape. A relatively private beach is only a short walk/drive, should one choose to use it. We saw a tremendous amount of wildlife while there... iguanas, birds, monkeys and a lovely coati! I honestly can't say enough good things about this place. Should you choose this hotel, you will receive a very large bang for your dollar!

Room Tip: I am sure that all the rooms are wonderful, but if you want to save money on food than book a room with a small kitchenette.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Rana c, Inhaber at Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Thank you. We wish you a good time in Costa Rica