Bambula Samara
Hotel Samara Beach(Playa Samara)
US$59
Hotel Samara Inn(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$56
Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$59
Hotel Sol Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$66
US$59
Lodge Las Ranas(Playa Samara)
US$95
Hotels.com
Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Pool
Las Mariposas(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$95
US$100
All reviewsshort walk to everythingoutdoor kitchenother guestslaid backdanaownertownbeach
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I took a surf trip to Costa Rica and spent a few nights at Bambula. We had a great time and the owner Pierre made us feel at home and we met great people thanks to him. His staff is very friendly and the place is very clean and quiet. Many little cafe in Samara to enjoy good seafood on the beach which is beautiful and comes to live at night with music and people. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pascale99
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at bambula Samara for a couple weeks, me and my girlfriend, Nikole, and we loved it!
It was fun to relax by the pool with the monkey running in the trees and the garden.
The room was really clean and comfortable.
We love the location, near by the beautiful beach of Samara where the waves were waiting for us everyday.
We can't wait to come back! Merci Pierre for making this trip such a memorable one!

Room Tip: Iguana room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 33Francois
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This place was, what I had needed after all travel centro America,felt like very much my own comfortable place in the very naturel forest side as well as in village.Pierre(owner french guy) is really sharing his place with, who ever comes there with very friendly attitude.Full of greens and forest animals shows.Marvelous and Groovy place. Rooms are well desinged and clean .

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean,simple but modern,beds are comfortable and new.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank kapitanoks
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I had never been to Costa Rica before and had friends in Nosara to go visit but just did not like the area so a friend suggested Samara, which was great. Nice little sea side town with everything you could need or want for a beach side getaway. Nice people, great food and plenty of night life, beautiful beach for swimming. I have to say that what really made it all come together as a great vacation was my good fortune to find the wonderful little lodge BAMBULA SAMARA with it's great host/owner Pierre Chasle. He has owned a little resort/getaways in Hawaii for years and really knows how to treat his guests with that personal touch. He made me feel like I was at home away from home. It can be hard to find your way around a new placed in a foreign country but with Pierre's help and generous time I really got to experience all that this part of Costa Rica has to offer and meet some of his interesting friends. In addition the accommodation were simple but tasteful and clean and very reasonable. I hope I get a chance to return and spend more time there again. I highly recommend you try the "BAMBULA" experience while your in that part of Costa Rica. Please tell Pierre Hola for me.

Mike Buckley aka: The Tropical Traveler

Room Tip: Just tell Pierre what you want and he will make sure your comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Mrtropic1
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Nice place, a ten minute walk past shops to the beach. The pool was a must for cooling down in the hot afternoons. The place is very roomy with a full kitchen and almost every thing you could want for kitchen tools. Great shower and large seperate bath tub. It gets a bit noisy with the wildlife until you get used to it, although to be fair it had rained heavily the first night we arrived and Pierre said the frogs had been affected by this.
Watch your change even in the shops. No-one seems to like giving back the correct change to tourists! Pierre sent us to the El Dorado restaurant in neighboring El Carmine. Excellent seafood soup for about $8 Cdn! Wow! Also try the reserve hike with Alvaro and take the time to check out Camarrillo Beach one bay over.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple