This place is nice simply because it is right on the beach. That's about it. It is expensive, the air conditioning doesn't work, and it is overpriced. We stayed 4 nights, called the front desk about the A/C and when they sent someone up to fix it he said it wasn't broken. So we sweated all night. The service at their bar/restaurant is slow and rude. The massages are laughable, (the girl texts the entire time and pays zero attention to what's happening.) If you are single and want to hang with other tourists, forget it. They don't allow guests who aren't staying at Diria to hang out in your room. That is annoying if the friends you make are in a hostel with 19 other people. The giant pool area was quiet and shut down. Not a fan of this place. Way too much money. In fact, avoid Tamarindo altogether. The sunsets are fantastic, but after being harassed to buy drugs and woman for the 1,000th time, I yearned for Santa Teresa and La Fortuna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Costa Rica