All reviewsgreat locationsmall poolcosta ricaroom was cleanclose to townenjoyable stayminutes walkinghot waterother guestsevery morninghammocksguillermoyogourtbeachsupermarketmonkeyshostel
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at mono loco. I stayed for 11 days. Accommodations were comfortable, clean, and the staff was awesome. Great location, awesome walk on beach to town but yet very quiet. It fit my budget perfectly, breakfast was great they also have the best burger in town when available. Mono Loco definitely helped make my solo excursion possible and I felt as if I were treated like family.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
JoyceVP_45, Owner at El Mono Loco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Totally agree about the burger.....soooo delicious. We loved having you here! We hope your tan hasn't faded too much....come back soon, JG.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Friendly and easy going staff. Good location to the beach. A no frills room but nonetheless adequate accommodation. Reasonably priced rooms and breakfast. Nice little gem enough away from the main beach but close enough to walk to all the attractions. Would stay here again !!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JoyceVP_45, Owner at El Mono Loco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

It was our pleasure! Do come back...pura vida.

Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

We enjoy this cosy little hotel. Joyce the owner welcome us nicely. She made sure we respect her room linen.
Room are cosy, bathroom is old but clean. Hot water is control manually and works fine.
The pool is small but enough to refresh after the time pass at the beach.
The price is very good.
You could buy at restaurant serve on site, breakfast with your choice of eggs, granola yogourt with fruits or waffles
Also rental beach and chairs available.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you chose us for your extended stay!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

The owner and staff were awesome! It was exactly what wanted for my stay. A very chill vibe. I loved the courtyard/communal area. Wish I didn't have to leave! When I come back I plan on looking up the El Mono Loco hotel again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed January 17, 2018

The staff at El Mono Loco will make you feel like one of the family (special shout outs to Joyce and Guillermo!). My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights as our condo down the road was full of other family members. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. This budget friendly hotel has a serene courtyard where breakfast and delicious Costa Rica coffee is served every morning. Enjoy your coffee while relaxing on a rocking chair or hammock while peaceful iguanas stroll by. The staff made us feel very welcome and were extremely accommodating. Rooms are simply decorated and clean. The location is right across the road from the beach, which is less than a 1 minute stroll away. This hotel has the vibe of laid back Costa Rica, not the hectic pace of an all-inclusive. For a simple and real Costa Rica experience try the El Mono Loco

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are fortunate that your crowded condo gave us the opportunity to meet you; it was a pleasure!