I have never in my 38 years of life written a review on a stay at a hotel, a meal, a good experience or bad but felt obligated to do so after my trip to Costa Rica this past month. Before I give you all the details you need let me start by saying I highly recommend adding Los Altos De Eros to your "bucket list". So here is what you need to know:
1) On the way to the hotel you will be looking at your significant other asking yourself "are we being mugged"? The reason is the roads are horribly bumpy getting up to the resort but I assure you two things...you are safe and the bumpy trip is worth the headache you will have upon arrival!
2) Don't be surprised but there are only 5 rooms at this hotel and you have meals with the other couples for breakfast, lunch, and possibly dinner. This turned out to be a great thing for us because we made friends for life. The ages of other guests were 23 yr old newly weds to a couple in their 50's and we all had a blast together!
3) You will not find better meals anywhere in Costa Rica, don't leave the hotel for dinner, nothing compares!
4) This is the best Spa I have ever been to in my life! Ask for Jessica, she has magical hands! The spa treatments are 50% off for guests staying at the hotel, unbelievable value!
5) They have a wonderful beach that is a 15 min bumpy ride away and it is worth doing a day or two. Make sure you visit Lola's restaurant and meet their pet 500 lb pig! The pig actually goes into the ocean (if you don't believe me google Lola's pet pig Lolita.
6) If you are thinking about breaking your trip into multiple stops in Costa Rica, I would make this place your last stop because you won't want to leave! Fly into and out of Liberia airport, it is an amazingly nice and small airport that has jet service from many airlines (United, American, JetBlue, etc.) It is only an hour drive to hotel vs over 4 hrs from San Jose.
7) You will see wild monkeys, iguanas, huge toads and tree frogs, etc. Don't believe the rumors of tons of snakes, scorpions, etc... we saw one small non poisonous snake the whole time we were there and the guys working at the resort do a good job of keeping the hotel very clean.
8) The staff at Los Altos was amazing. The women that run the resort are unbelievable. If it were not for them I would not be writing this review. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the staff in both the hotel and the spa.
9) If you like to do Yoga (I don't) you will love it here. My girlfriend did Yoga every morning and I tried it twice. Amy the instructor was awesome, I recommend trying it at least once.
10) Last but not least my only warning....if you see the owner Calvin roaming around after 8:30 pm at night, do yourself a favor and go to your room and lock the door :) I am half kidding but somewhat not kidding, lets just say he has loose lips when he has been drinking too much.
I hope this review helps and I assure you, you would never regret staying here, this was the best vacation I have ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Costa Rica/Tamarindo