“No better way to experience a Costa Rican Sunset!”
Review of Off Road Costa Rica - CLOSED

Off Road Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: Off Road Adventures Costa Rica offers 1/2, full and multi-day jeep adventure tours of the Costa Rican backcountry. Based in Tamarindo Costa Rica, the tours highlight the stunning flora, fauna, beaches and culture of this beautiful country. Clients drive their own vintage Toyota Land Cruisers, are provided with an Indiana Jones bag (field guides, binoculars, two-way radios, maps, magnifying glasses, bandanas and machetes) and follow our expert guides through the forests and countryside.
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My 18 year old daughter and I took a two week trip to Costa Rica and travelled throughout the country. We spent three days touring the back country of Tamarindo in a Landcruiser with Ted. Ted prepared a customized trip for us, and showed us portions of the country typically reserved for the locals. We were so fortunate to have found Ted and his Off Road Costa Rica Adventures, we experienced our most memorable sunsets along the Tamarindo beaches among the crashing waves and Hannah, Ted's loyal companion. We are already planning our next adventure to Costa Rica, and we are definately coming back to drive more Costa Rican jungles with Ted. What a great experience! Thanks, Ted.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

My wife and I recently booked a private tour with Ted, and it was wonderful. Ted was extremely accommodating, in fact, for a small fee he was even willing to pick us up in Playa Hermosa and return us their that evening. We were the only two people on the tour - so we got Ted to ourselves for the entire day. Ted was really knowledgeable about Costa Rica, and really adapted the tour to our interests. We're planning on returning to Costa Rica soon, and would love to spend another day in off-road Costa Rica!!!! We're traveled all over the world, and have been on numerous excursions in various destinations and would rank Ted's Off-Road Costa Rica adventures amongst the best!!

2  Thank ScubaSteve801
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Hey Ted,
Thanks for a great time! I enjoyed everything from the discussions we had on our trip to lunch at that awesome soda. You made it something to remember Costa Rica by! I will definitely look you up next time I am there.

Reviewed May 16, 2009

We recently traveled to Costa Rica for our family vacation w/ kids ages 9 & 12yrs. The day we spent driving Land Crusers with Off Road Costa Rica was the most memorable! We got to see parts of the country that we would never have seen any other way. My husband loved driving the vehicle and the children really enjoyed the unique plants, off road terrain, and spending some time with HOWLER monkeys. Lunch surfside at Lola's (home of an enormous pig) was awesome! Afterwards we cooled off with a refreshing swim at a beautiful beach! Ted and his crew were extremely accommodating and shared their wealth of knowledge about the country. We also enjoyed Hannah, Ted's "four legged assistant". Your journey to this beautiful place would not be complete without spending a day with OFF ROAD COSTA RICA!!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 15, 2009

My wife and I were in the Tamarindo area in February. I am a LandCruiser fanatic so Off Road Costa Rica was a must do for us.Ted and his guide Jose picked us up at the JW Marriott in the morning and started our 8 hour adventure. Ted is an expert on the nature and wildlife in this area so you'll learn a lot. He has great guides as well. We stopped and watched a troop of Howler Monkeys for about an hour and got great pictures. We saw some really cool beaches and explored some areas we would never had found.

Ted is great about customizing your trip. Let him know what it is you want to do and he'll do the best to make it happen. Costa Rica has offers so much, but if you are going to be in the area call Ted. You'll be glad you did.