Off Road Costa Rica - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Drive costa rica, the best way to see it

Reviewed March 31, 2010
polvo2323
Long beach
Ted Delivers

Reviewed January 7, 2010
rcook54
Atlanta

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Really the best way to see Costa Rica is to Drive it. We used a company called Go Drive Tours and did a 8 day tour of the pacific side. They set up our hotels and maps with cell phone and GPS. They are unbeatable if you want to drive it.

4  Thank polvo2323
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My family of 4 , wife and boys 14 and 17 spent the day on Ted's OFF Road tour ,his assistant ,his dog Hannah and of course his open air jeep which I shared the driving with Ted ( Its a tough stick shift with tough terrain in places)
What I can say is that it was genuine,laid back, adventurous and diverse . We toured the jungle, swam in the beaches( and played football) , ziplined, ate good food and explored monkeys and the landscape.
Its a great way to discover the area and as much as it is planned you can also design the day the way you want it.
We even extended the day and ate dinner with Ted .He knows Tamarindo area, runs a great tour and is great company
Don't miss it

4  Thank nathan822
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My wife and I went on a tour with Ted on Saturday, January 2nd 2010 which also happens to be his birthday. This is an excellent way to see a different side of Costa Rica. Ted is very personable and knowledgeable of local plant and animal species. 15 of us loaded in to into El Monstruo and traveled through small towns, watched a local soccer game, ate at a small restaurant, went on a canopy tour at Monkey Jungle all in one day. Not to mention all of the howler monkey’s we saw! The best part of the day was the sunset on a private beach to wrap things up. His dog Hannah tagged along with us for the entire trip too! Another nice touch is that he picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel.

Like I said…. Ted is a great guy and this is a great tour. I have no reservations recommending this activity to anyone visiting Tamarindo.

Check out our photos we posted!

Reviewed August 28, 2009

Ted, Rose and Jesse did a great job with our event. We went to Playa Minas where we got the best of the best. We did a lot different activities and we spent the most wonderful time ever with them. It was part of a team building event for our group.
I am the person in charge of this group and since the begining Ted help me in getting evething ready and organized. I highly recommend Ted and his Off Road team because this was our best experience ever.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2009

My 18 year old daughter and I took a two week trip to Costa Rica and travelled throughout the country. We spent three days touring the back country of Tamarindo in a Landcruiser with Ted. Ted prepared a customized trip for us, and showed us portions of the country typically reserved for the locals. We were so fortunate to have found Ted and his Off Road Costa Rica Adventures, we experienced our most memorable sunsets along the Tamarindo beaches among the crashing waves and Hannah, Ted's loyal companion. We are already planning our next adventure to Costa Rica, and we are definately coming back to drive more Costa Rican jungles with Ted. What a great experience! Thanks, Ted.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

My wife and I recently booked a private tour with Ted, and it was wonderful. Ted was extremely accommodating, in fact, for a small fee he was even willing to pick us up in Playa Hermosa and return us their that evening. We were the only two people on the tour - so we got Ted to ourselves for the entire day. Ted was really knowledgeable about Costa Rica, and really adapted the tour to our interests. We're planning on returning to Costa Rica soon, and would love to spend another day in off-road Costa Rica!!!! We're traveled all over the world, and have been on numerous excursions in various destinations and would rank Ted's Off-Road Costa Rica adventures amongst the best!!

2  Thank ScubaSteve801
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Hey Ted,
Thanks for a great time! I enjoyed everything from the discussions we had on our trip to lunch at that awesome soda. You made it something to remember Costa Rica by! I will definitely look you up next time I am there.

Reviewed May 16, 2009

We recently traveled to Costa Rica for our family vacation w/ kids ages 9 & 12yrs. The day we spent driving Land Crusers with Off Road Costa Rica was the most memorable! We got to see parts of the country that we would never have seen any other way. My husband loved driving the vehicle and the children really enjoyed the unique plants, off road terrain, and spending some time with HOWLER monkeys. Lunch surfside at Lola's (home of an enormous pig) was awesome! Afterwards we cooled off with a refreshing swim at a beautiful beach! Ted and his crew were extremely accommodating and shared their wealth of knowledge about the country. We also enjoyed Hannah, Ted's "four legged assistant". Your journey to this beautiful place would not be complete without spending a day with OFF ROAD COSTA RICA!!

Reviewed April 15, 2009

My wife and I were in the Tamarindo area in February. I am a LandCruiser fanatic so Off Road Costa Rica was a must do for us.Ted and his guide Jose picked us up at the JW Marriott in the morning and started our 8 hour adventure. Ted is an expert on the nature and wildlife in this area so you'll learn a lot. He has great guides as well. We stopped and watched a troop of Howler Monkeys for about an hour and got great pictures. We saw some really cool beaches and explored some areas we would never had found.

Ted is great about customizing your trip. Let him know what it is you want to do and he'll do the best to make it happen. Costa Rica has offers so much, but if you are going to be in the area call Ted. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed April 7, 2009

My husband and I were in Tamarindo from March 11-16 which is the (VERY) dry season. We still had a blast without the mud! Our tour was the highlight of our trip to CR. Ted took us to some challenging spots for my husband to drive the Land Cruiser. My husband had a great time driving the off the beaten path areas in the area. We really wanted a less touristy way to experience the area and see the wildlife. That's what we got. I'm a nature buff and Ted was full of information to share. He can hold his own in this area. We stopped and did a zip line along the way and also stopped at Lolla's on Playa Avellenas. We would have never found Lolla's on our own and it's one of the coolest places ever. Thanks so much Ted, Karen, and Hannah for an amazing day!