“Nice place close to big hotels”

Times Bar and Grill
Ranked #47 of 242 Restaurants in Heredia
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Description: Times Bar & Grill is a nice pub located in Cariari, Heredia, less than 5 mins away from Marriott, Hilton and Wyndham hotels as well as the Hard Rock Cafe San Jose and 10 mins from the airport. The restaurant features live music, a very nice terrace and tables for large groups. Managed and ran by Marta Fonseca, one of Costa Rica's most famous rock artists and her business partner.
Reviewed March 29, 2017

We were staying at the Doubletree Cariari, where the prices in the bar/restaurant were so high it was ridiculous. (Shot of tequila was $12 USD). We found the Times Bar and Grill through Tripadvisor, and discovered it was just steps from our hotel lobby. Marta the owner was a gracious host, and the food and beverage was good and fair for the price. Close by are a group of other restaurants and a supermarket, making it a perfect place to visit instead of staying in the hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Need a place to pass "la presa"? Come here for a beer and a chifrijo, a must! Excellent ambiance and music; a perfect place for a work happy hour!

1  Thank Gdo_Castillo
Reviewed January 23, 2017

Great owners of this after hours office Bar and Grill! Great food freshly made, awsoume drinks, music and ambiance ! What more can I say! Oh yeah, great prices too!
The only place I go when traveling there on business as a flight attendant ! Great little gem, that I hope never goes away!

Reviewed January 2, 2017

This is a wonderful place to go and watch the sunset. The staff is super nice. It is a place where the local young people come to hang out. They were having a party there when I was having dinner. I had a chicken quesadilla and asked for no onions. I received my quesadilla with no onions. It came with a small cup of fresh chopped tomatoes, black bean paste and a slice of fresh avocado. I also had tortilla chips and cheese sauce. They played late 70's and early 80's music which was delightful. I would recommend Times Bar and Grill to anyone who wanted a causal place to eat and drink.

1  Thank diva2813
Reviewed November 3, 2016

My wife and I (Gringo's) have recently relocated from Sarasota, Florida to Cariari Costa Rica and just happened to stumble on the Times Bar & Grill, in Cariari a terrific place.

The Co-Owners Marta and Stephan are Fabulous Friendly Folks, their Food is Authentic Tico Dishes and their Hamburger's are to "Die For"... Btw, Marta is a Fantastic Singer...

We are now Regulars, so come meet us!

2  Thank genes252