1,410 results
All reviewswaterfall showertrouthot tubfrog tourwaterfall gardenspoas volcanodeluxe roomcanopy bedcosta ricasister propertyla pazgas fireplacecloud forestmonarch villahumming birdsour honeymoonhummingbird garden
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I just discovered the most beautiful,peaceful place in Costa rica.From the moment we arrived ,we loved it! Walking in,the reception desk in front of the huge picture window, invites you into nature. We had a warm wecome and were led to our room.We walked down a lovely walkway to Heliconious cydno,all of the rooms have butterfly names.We opened the door and were so charmed! All wood and stones. The beautiful,rustic,wood canapy bed ,the stone fireplace that started with a push of a button,the amazing bathroom with a stone wall waterfall,every thing,WOW! The property,the animals,the waterfall gardens,the service,the massages,the food EXCELLENT!! We can`t wait to go back!
Giancarlo and Carol

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have been a road warrior all my life and been in backwater dumps to classy places in large cities.

The combination of Over The Top luxury combined with an outdoor setting is unique and wonderful. There is so much to do! Everything from the Gardens to seeing the volcano.

My understanding is there are a number of wedding that happen here. Certainly, I can see why.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2010

After a wonderful and relaxing stay at The Springs, we decided to follow the advice of the Springs' Manager (who had been so helpful and friendly during our stay) and travel to the Peace Lodge and Waterfall Gardens. What a beautiful surprise we had upon arriving. The vistas were gorgeous - lush flowers and plants - hummingbirds everywhere and the sound of rushing water from the nearby river. Our room was large and very pretty, but the bathroom was something to see! It was huge and looked like an indoor garden, complete with plants, a waterfall, jacuzzi and two showers.
We enjoyed two days there, with great food, friendly staff and nature attractions that were excellent. We saw jaquars, pumas; fed tucans on our shoulder; searched for colorful frogs at night and took so many pictures of all these plus the four or five impressive waterfalls that we hiked to. What a great Costa Rica destination.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marionaugusta
Reviewed September 10, 2010

This was our first trip to Costa Rica. My husband and I traveled with our 2 year old son. We rented a car and drove from San Jose. The traffic was really terrible in town, but once you left the town, very little. The roads are in terrible disrepair from an earthquake that occured 18 months ago.
Once we arrived at the Peace Lodge and La Paz Waterfall Gardens, we truly found Paradise! The room was so amazingly beautiful, I literally cried when I saw the bathroom. We traveled in the low season and the staff gave us an upgraded room at no extra charge. The bathroom is set in a solarium... the jacuzzi tub is stone and has a waterfall running behind it. There is also an "outside" freestanding shower as well as an indoor shower. It was the most beautiful place I have ever stayed!
Every room is equipped with a gas fireplace and a jacuzzi on the balcony. The balcony faces the jungle/mountains and the view is spectacular! Hummingbirds are everywhere!
Our first night was such an adventure! The storm started around 2pm and the power went out (sadly the hotel does not have a gennie). The staff came by with candles. We had reservations for dinner and when we entered the restaurant was lit only by 2 fireplaces and 2 tapers on our table. We were the only guests.... it was sooooo much fun!
The La Paz tour is FABULOUS!!!!! WARNING: do not come here if you are not in good physical condition! The entire place is uphill/downhill stone steps.... lots and LOTS of steps! It is NOT handicap accessible! However, we managed the tour and it was just beautiful. In the aviary, the Toucans just sit on your shoulder and you can hand feed them! It was such a great experience! Even for my young son! The park is very well maintained. After this strenuous hike, my husband purchased a 2 hour massage ($95USD). The masseuse, Yenny, came to our room and did the massage on the balcony. It was beautiful lying there with the sound of the waterfalls and birds... and RAIN....:) It was the BEST massage I have ever had!
The staff were so very kind and helpful. Our tours were one-on-one with the guides which made our tour experience very personal. My husband and I have traveled many places and this is by far our favorite place yet! Start to finish.... the people are beautiful inside and our and the hotel was simply the best! I would reccomend this hotel and experience to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank gypseapryncess
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I absolutrly fell in love with The Peace Lodge! I enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub and stone fireplace along with waterfall showers...it was heavenly. My husband and I enjoyed dual massages in front of the fireplace. I loved the canopy beds as well as the most amazing view of the Rain Forest. The resturants were all 5 star and above...I can't say enough about this property...it is truly a hidden gem!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business