“Great food and nice view”
Review of Chao's Paradise

Chao's Paradise
Ranked #27 of 65 Restaurants in Cahuita
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We really enjoyed the fresh quality of the food here and the prices were reasonable. You can sit and watch the waves and we recommend the Arroz con Pollo and the chicken sandwich.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed January 2, 2018

The food was excellent, even if the restaurant was not filled. Off season and weather not perfect for many travellers, but still lovely.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 1, 2017

This is a nice little spot sitting across the road from the beach with a view, great sea breeze and good food. The staff is warm and welcoming but between their limited English and my rough Spanish we managed to end up with a meal I didn't think I'd ordered! So, I reordered and between us we got it right the second time ... sort of.

I was ordering steak, I had heard there's was great and asked that there be nothing else but a large salad added. She seemed to understand but when it arrived it was something akin to beef stew with a salad on the side. Right book ... wrong page!!!

We went through it again and the second time I got the steak with a small side salad rather than the larger one I had ordered. Who makes a fuss over salad so I didn't. When she realized I was finished the salad first she asked if I wanted more and the large salad I ordered arrived. So lots of points for getting it right in the end.

They were gracious about the accident and although I offered to pay for both meals (it would have been USD$20 total they didn't make me. I paid for the one meal I ate and gave that young lady a very sizeable tip. She was very happy and so was I.

The food was very good. The service very good. The location excellent ... a five minute walk down an unpaved road from my hotel. All in all ... a great evening.

I recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 29, 2017

I just had lunch at Chao's--a burger with a salad. The burger came with fries, but it was no trouble to substitute a salad. It was more than adequate. There's an interesting beach scene in front of the restaurant--great people watching.

I would go back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2017

The lobster was excellent! This spot has an ocean view. The service is pura vida so have a little patience. But well worth the wait.

Date of visit: September 2017