All reviews the owner home base little bit of heaven costa rica outdoor yoga studio warm bread modest price speaks perfect english baby sloth fresh fruit i highly recommend this hotel car or bike plenty of closet space small refrigerator beautifully kept gardens yoga classes caribbean side
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay at the Magellan. Problem is that when we checked out everything was fine, but one day later there was 5 dollars taken from the creditcard that i booked. The booking was made with the creditcard of my mother, so i mailed the Magellan what this five dollar was for. Never heard from them since and the five dollar is theirs.

Maybe this rating makes the Magellan reply. Although e-mailing me back was nicer and easyer.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
hotelmagellaninn, Owner at Magellan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Guest,
I have responded to your email on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:50pm regarding the purchase of two coffee you ordered the morning you left. I emailed you several time and I gotten nothing back from you. Please check your spam. I have responded to your email.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Recently I took a group of friends to Cahuita and rented all of the spaces in this beautiful hotel. The online photos and videos do not do it justice. Somethings you must see in person. The grounds are emacualte, surround by fabulous flora and fauna. We also saw several local animals hanging in the trees. Sunny the owner was more than pleasant. I would have to say that she is a gracious host. You will feel at home, and she will give you all the information you need about the area. At the prices, you see online this place is a real deal. I will be sure to return and tell all of my friends.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank coelectronic
hotelmagellaninn, Owner at Magellan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We would love to have you back! As for the grounds and hotel the staff here is excellent and strives for perfection. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

What an excellent hotel! Sunny, the owner, has done an excellent job of making this place a wonderful to stay. I don't know what the place looked like two years ago when she bought it, but it's incredible now. The rooms were comfortable, air conditioner worked very well and the hot water was nice. The breakfasts were incredible! We didn't have a chance to swim in the pool or partake in a yoga session, but that just gives us a reason to go back. We look forward to going back to see our sloth again. I hope it's still there:)

Room Tip: AC is incredible; bring a blanket
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are trying our best here to make your stay at the hotel very enjoyable. Please come back again

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This was our first visit to San Jose and we chose to spend the bulk of our time in Cahuita based on a friends recommendation. I am so happy we found this magical place. The proprietor, Sunny, lives on property and is very kind and helpful. She gave us restaurant recommendations, ideas for day trips, and checked with her contacts every day for us regarding snorkeling....unfortunately the rainy season weather did not lead to ideal snorkeling conditions and we never made it out. But no worries, there are so many great things to see and do it didn't effect our trip at all. There are six rooms with TV, stocked mini fridge, air conditioning, and ample space to put away all of your belongings to feel at home. Salon level shampoo etc. are provided as well as a blow dryer. We were thrilled to get to see the sloth who lives on the property as well as many frogs and toucans. The pool is heavenly, especially after a morning spent exploring the area. Breakfast is served every morning with four choices including Gallo Pinto and eggs. This hotel has a charming, intimate feel and we were so sad to leave after five days. I hope we can return one day.

Stayed: June 2018
hotelmagellaninn, Owner at Magellan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Thank you for your review, we truly hope to have you back again.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and comfortable. The grounds are amazing with a sloth living on property! And lots of frogs! And a family of agoutis! The rooms are well furnished with the most comfortable bed and shower you could hope for (hot water!). Plenty of closet space to store all your travel gear. We live in Florida so we know heat (and I love warm weather). Other places say AC is not needed- I disagree. It made for a much more comfortable sleep after being out in the out hiking and exploring all day. Pool is great! Breakfast is plentiful and cooked to order. The owner is doing a great job and we had a great time talking with her and learning about her life in Costa Rica. If you are looking for a relaxing, safe, personal stay- this is your place! We walked all over Cahuita and we feel confident this is the nicest place around. If you are there on the weekend- make sure to find Delrita's Patties- she serves the most delicious Jamaican meat patties and sweet patties only on Saturday and Sunday. Also, had a great mahi mahi with coconut sauce at El Rincon Del Amor- one of the best fish dishes I have aver eaten. Small place run by a husband and wife- he speaks perfect English. Miss Edith is great if you like a spicy jerk sauce- try the pork chop.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
hotelmagellaninn, Guest Relations Manager at Magellan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. I truly hope to see you guys back again. Have a wonderful summer vacation!
Sunny