All reviews swim up bar mozzie net give advice owner daniel green macaw costa rica fresh juice hotel grounds honesty bar humming birds lovely place rooms are comfortable the jaguar rescue center national park wonderful stay grounds are beautiful delicious breakfast
Reviewed December 30, 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 week tour of Costa Rica and loved it, our Lodge was very comfortable and the owners and staff were really friendly and helpful, the grounds man took me looking for sloths and wildlife every day and we found a baby sloth and its mother just behind the Lodges. Cahuita is about 30 minute walk down a stoney road which we didn't mind, but there is a shop about 5 minutes walk away and a beach about 15 minute walk. Cahuita was one of the highlights of our trip there is so much to do and a lovely atmosphere we would recommend going snorkelling and through the national park with Fernando who operates by Edith's restaurant his homemade chocolate is amazing.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate H
Reviewed December 29, 2016

Suizo Loco is a very comfortable lodge hotel in a great location just outside Cahuita, with a brilliant swimming pool, loads of wildlife (we saw iguanas, sloths, agoutis and beautiful birds just in one afternoon!) and a great breakfast. But best of all was Daniel, the owner - so helpful in organising transport and taxis for us, and even going out of his way to collect/ drop us into town!

Highly recommended - thanks Daniel!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeVilla82
Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

The owner apologised for some noise made by werkers building additional bungalows. I did not notice , so it did not disturb me and , what is more, these were doen in the low season , so I paid a low rate. Nevertheles , the owner adder a discount on my bill. Nice guy and well organised hotel, to be recommanded

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbb05
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We felt welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The room we stayed in was more than adequate and clean. We enjoyed our balcony with the hammock very much. We saw more wildlife here than anywhere else in Costa Rica. Perfect location for wildlife just outside your bungalow. The caretaker, Juan (sorry if it's misspelt), really set out to make sure our stay was an enjoyable experience. He pointed out to us all the permeant residences i.e. Sloths, iguanas and insects.
Other animals we saw were toucans, Agoutis, humming birds, orb spiders, howler and spider monkeys, bats and vultures.
We would certainly recommend and return.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in October 2016 and instantly fell in love with the lush grounds and beautiful tropical plants and setting. We enjoyed looking for sloths in the trees, toucans flying about and waking to howler monkey calls. The location of Suizo is perfect--a short stroll to the beach and beautiful tropical grounds! Everyone was so friendly and helpful and we enjoyed a lovely chat with Daniel, one of the owners, by the pool. Breakfast each morning was included and was enough we weren't ready to eat again until dinner time. Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple