See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2017

I have not visited the hotel as such, but it´s restaurant yes.
I live in San José and whenever I visit Limón I sure also visit Hotel Park´s restaurant and I love it, specially the " Fish a la Caribeña" (Be carefull it´s hot, but you can ask the waiter to minimize the "chile picante")

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2017

This hotel was a poor choice from us. We were very tired from flying in a red eye that got in at 9am, and then we did not get there driving from San Jose until quarter to 4; so we were beat. I would have forged on 15 more miles further south, or 40 miles to Puerto Viejo; but even 15 miles can take forever in the area during our travel. We had lunch/dinner at a restaurant at another hotel we were also considering, checked in to Park Hotel, and slept. Did not wake up until 8pm; and just stepped out to buy some things from the drugstore and snacks/drinks from the market. The hotel is close to the port, it has a nice ocean view, and the free breakfast is good. The front lady is somewhat indifferent, so don't expect good customer service. She took a while to warm up. The restaurant staff are much nicer.

When we checked in, and went to our room, only to find out there was a luggage already in the bed. So we had to go back down the stairs and get another room.

The room is pretty dank. The neighborhood\area smelled and my husband said it's because of the sewer runoff from the storm, and the a/c is kind of questionable. The bathroom is not dirty, but basic, and the hotel room floor is sticky. The sad part is that we paid a relatively pretty penny for this hotel (Thanksgiving day) out of necessity. There are other hotels in the area but this is one of the two we'd actually stay at. The area gets pretty quiet after 9pm on; even with the bar across the street, which was our view. The area is fairly safe. I do like the lighting that lighted up the palm trees surrounding hte hotel. Internet is free. I would not stay there again unless I'm back stuck in Limon once again, and tired from driving all day.

Room tip: Stay but don't expect much. Upgrade to the view room if possible.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ligaya72
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a little dated, the rooms are very basic and the staff were far from welcoming...

But the hotel is convenient in a great location and food in the restaurant was fairly good and consistent.

However, rooms have no seating other than your bed, internet coverage was limited and sporadic. Air-con functioned fine. Cleaning consisted of sweeping floor into corner and not picking up the product - I hope this was a one-off oversight!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2017

These are people who don't care, and don't know about, customer service. They literally stole $50 approximately. They overcharged me in the final bill. And when I complained no one would even have the authority to reverse that. Anyone coul make a mistake but the way they handled it was awful. With staff like that I am not going back!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jaimeecheverria
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

There are rooms with a view of the sea and then there are others. I was given the one without a view- it had high humidity and no view and I immediately changed it to one facing the sea.

My room had a balcony which was nice to relax on after a long day with the sea breeze. The bed was OK as was the bathroom and toiletries. The room was clean but not very spacious especially because there were two cots in my room. Expect the bare minimum and this place is OK. Being right next to the sea, this place is hot and humid but the AC worked perfectly. Food was OK. Breakfast needs a ticket to be collected from the reception counter everyday. Options included both local fare and standard American lunch. Do try the fruit platter, the fruits are especially fresh and juicy.

Date of stay: June 2017