“It was just ok for me”

Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Bread and Chocolate is a small, all natural, bakery and cafe on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. We offer a variety of freshly baked goods, hand-made chocolate truffles, and cakes, as well as breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was good. I had their Caribbean pancakes with a side of chocolate sauce and fruits (they charge extra for fruits and sauce). It was ok. I didn’t find it to be excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our kids begged us to take them here everyday for lunch. We are here twice and both times the meals were very fresh, tasty and great service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped her to grab a couple of cups of coffee for my wife and I the first time and ended up walking out with 2 cups of fresh squeezes Orange juice, a cafe con leche for myself, a double latte for my wife and 2 chocolate brownies. Everyone enjoyed so we decided we would go back for dessert and boy were we glad we did.

The kids each had an order of French toast and devoured it in short order.

My wife and I each had an order of Caribbean pancakes and they were so fluffy and packed full of banana and coconut flavour. Some of the best pancakes I think I've ever had.

The only thing I was disappointed by is the fact we did not try any of their amazing looking desserts or homemade chocolate.

Whether you are stopping here for a quick cup of coffee or a meal you won't be disappointed.

I could see this becoming our regular spit if we lived here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered what I thought was to be gluten free bread with eggs and cheese, also a fruit platter. I noticed it was wheat bread and the server immediately apologized and returned it to kitchen, with a fresh idea of my breakfast which was fabulous! Loved my food and the attention to service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very popular for a reason: great food, coffee, chocolates. Skip the Quintessential choc cake.... dry and not great.

Thank ELES ESCAPE B a... B