All reviews puerto viejo walking distance the owner mosquito netting in town mini fridge couple nights grounds are beautiful pay in cash coffee maker stayed one night tropical birds restaurants and bars bike rental easy access quiet location place is beautiful
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at Coco Loco Lodge. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is so friendly. Our bungalow was nice and clean, there was a net and fan over the bed which we greatly appreciated! The outside hammock was perfect for morning coffee. I recommend it to everyone and I cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We were staying a couple of weeks on the east coast and although you can visit Puerto Viejo from other spots I always like to at least stay a couple of nights right in Town. We had stayed a place a few years back and looked at Coco Loco Lodge but chose the other due to a small pool they had. This trip with 2 kids I figured the pool would be a problem as I wanted to enjoy the town. This was the end of our stay and they would be all pooled and beached out so figured it would work well. I had booked months in advance and once followed up prior to my visit was told all was good and pool was waiting for us. What pool? Oh my they installed a pool. For me this was great as a dip to cool off is always great.
The bungalows look lovely but I choose room 15 above the ranch as it looked so big and had a big king bed for me. The room was just as hoped. The mosquito nets were the best we had experienced. So strong and easy to get around. Loved the balcony that looks back to the trees . You would never know you were right in town. Howlers were heard one morning and seen another. You could also see the pool from the balcony.
The grounds lovely with a child park to play. BBQ for your use. Bike rental and purchase of beverages so you don't have to run down the street. Staff are lovely.
I trully loved this place. So convenient and so perfect. This is a pefect spot to spend some time. Wish we had added more days. Next time. I will for sure return.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lesab33
ownercocoloco, Owner at Coco Loco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for your lovely recommendation we really appreciate it and hope to see you again !

Reviewed May 3, 2018

This is a fantastic place, the bungalows are beautifully designed and the grounds are incredibly tranquil & full of wildlife. We probably spent far too long just sitting on the veranda as a result! Obviously its a tropical, humid climate, but the evenings were fine as the bungalows have a good sized fan and beds are covered by a mosquito net.

The staff are all hugely helpful and friendly, and fluent English and German are spoken (maybe other languages I didn't hear as well, who knows?!).

I would also recommend the breakfast, nice and fresh. I coudl happily have stayed here a lot longer!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Beautiful and well kept. Such a welcoming arrival, when we were greeted with chilled coconuts to drink. The cabins have a nice open air feel, yet secure. Like most accommodations, we found, in Costa Rica, the seating is outside. We really enjoyed our porch, and didn't have any issues with bugs (in April). The location is great. Easy to find, and easy to walk around town. One of the nice things about Puerto Viejo, is that the businesses are scattered through the neighborhood, and not just clustered on the main road. It was also the least expensive place we stayed on our trip, but it didn't feel cheap. Clean, secure, comfortable, and convenient. It was just what we wanted.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2018

Stayed here for the first time in 2010 again last weekend. I had hoped it was still as clean and charming as before and was not disappointed. The first visit, we stayed in a bungalow, which was perfect for a couple. This recent visit, however, was traveling with a friend and the only available accommodation for our dates was a large room in the main building. The room was fine, but my next visit will again be in a bungalow.

Close to downtown, yet off the beaten path, the property is, by and large, very peaceful and quiet. The prices are very reasonable and the staff is gracious when your balcony door blows shut and you're stuck outside :-)

Room tip: Rent a bungalow if you can.
Date of stay: April 2018