All reviews nice pool rooms are clean hot water air conditioning preparation bay pavones fishing birds
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Waterfront Hotel on the main road in Golfito. Room # 16 is the last room closest to the water and very quiet. Great mattress , seperste bathroom / shower rooms. Great rain shower head built into the ceiling with great water pressure and hot water. A/C works perfectly with very friendly room service girls and staff. Breakfast is included rice / beans
eggs and toast. The BEST BURGER in the Peninsula de Osa is served here at their
restaurant with a nice slab of 1/2 inch thick mozzarella cheese. The owner and the staff are very accommodating as well. The Pool is split into two one for kids and an adults side. Water water very clean. For the price this place is the best in Golfito. Centrally located to everything is town great free wifi in my room and in the restaurant

Room Tip: Room # 16 queen size bed and very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank pura1vida
Reviewed April 22, 2016

The drink of my wife was bad, there was plastic in the juice. We askes three times to get another drink. The owner was watching football and very uninteresting. The pool was very bad and we had to pay for it the double price.
We would bot recommend this restaurant and hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bert571207
Reviewed April 7, 2016

We stayed there mid March for a night.
The first time we went there was about 16 years ago, when the place had no pool.
Since then we have been back a few more times , from 1 pool, to the current 2 pools.

Their room/restaurant prices are not cheap for the area.
But you do get an open, spacious , right by the bay, clean, quiet , secure hotel compound, with decent restaurant, decent pool area, good ocean view, nice garden area, good staff/front desk service.

They do have on site car rental and local tour booking services.
The hotel is family friendly. Kids will love the pools.

Room was very clean, quite spacious, very high ceiling, rustic wood decor.
A/C very strong. Thumps up.
No problem with hot water or water pressure.
Cable tv worked fine.
Wifi worked fine.

Room price includes breakfast.

The only minus I must point out is that the bathroom , especially the shower area, is simply too small for current standard. The place was built years ago, small bano has always been a typical thing for local styling.

As already mentioned, Samoa is in the process of upgrading. So perhaps eventually, they will look into bathroom issues.

Front desk staff spoke good English. Service was very good.
If you need boat taxi to visit nearby beaches or Islas, they will be able to book or advise on.

We only used the restaurant once for drinks and snacks this trip. Food quality was good. Excellent cerviche .But again, there are other places around and nearby, should you wish to venture out. Ask front desk.

Do check out the museum area at the back the the restaurant. The owner dedicated a huge area way back then for various nature pieces and paintings by his wife.

Breakfast and coffee was very good.

We enjoyed our stay.

PS to get around Golfito town in a shared taxi, is 600c per person per ride.
For a couple, that would be 1200c per ride. Sometimes we'd drop 1500c for the ride, it's all good.

Enjoy Golfito. And stay cool.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2016

I will add one item regarding the good food. Whenever I eat out in Costa Rica I ask that my food not be prepared with Numar. Numar is a ubiquitous brand of Costa Rican margarine and I do not eat margarine. When the response from our wait staff was " we do not have Numar on the premises, only butter" I knew I was in for a good meal and that was the case with one dinner and two breakfasts we enjoyed there.

The owners are French it appears and even the "typical" breakfast included with the room had a just a bit of a French touch. That is to say spices were used in the preparation.

In relation to the"dated room review we noted on our departure that two of the rooms were in the process of being refurbished.

Our hot water and air worked a treat.

Also very big plus, they are a pet friendly hotel so our service dog was welcome.

When fishing or shopping in Goilfito, we will only stay here in the future

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2015

The Samoa is a place I will return to. You will not find luxery with fine linens and folks catering to your every need. You will find a clean, convenient and safe stay with a great owner who cares about his place.

The wifi is in the lobby/resturant/pool area and is strong. The whole place isn't that large. This is a place to call home base. To have wonderful, wonderful food. I'm a picky eater and was able to ask the owner to reccommend an alternative to something on the menu and made me something not on the menu. He will tell you when something delicious is brewing in the back as a special. It feels like family.

There is one staff member we gave feedback on that was a little less then enthusiastic about being there.

I have stayed at a few other Golfito hotels and will now remain a Samoa loyalist. Golfito is not yet a resort destination but rather a hub for shopping (el deposito) and fishing. This is the best place in the sleepy fishing town and mostly so because of the wonderful french owner.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple