“Second time as great as the first”

Discovery Horseback Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$189.00*
and up
ATV Full-Day Tour in Jaco
Ranked #1 of 77 Outdoor Activities in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding Jaco Costa Rica. Discovery horse tours were awarded a "Certificate of Excellence" in the Trip Advisor awards 2011,2012 and 2013. If you want an unforgettable tour (tours duration ranges from 2.5 hours up to a full day, or a full week!) through the rain forest, on the beach or into the mountains Discovery Horse Tours are total equine professionals. Renowned for making sure the horses as well as the clients have a fabulous time they are "so much more" than just a horse tour! Specializing in small groups of no more than 8 people (4 on the beach)your tour will always feel personal. Located on a stunning 1500 acre private rain forest reserve, you will share the trails with no one but the wildlife. You will LOVE the horses who are safe, fun and most importantly happy and incredibly well cared for. Ride through pristine rain forest to the secret spring fed waterfall, or gallop along the deserted beaches. If you are on Honeymoon check our website for details on your private rain forest adventure with champagne and a private mud bath. No experience necessary. Beginners will feel secure,confident and in control. Experienced riders can enjoy the thrill of galloping our fit and healthy horses across the open hay fields. Consistently described as "The highlight of our trip to Costa Rica". Famous for the love of their animals, customer care and attention to detail; you will love your time with Discovery Horse Tours! All our horses are trained using Parelli Natural horsemanship, they are treated with respect, dignity and love, we take our time to match clients with the right horse making sure they have a wonderful time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We took the spa ride with Discovery horse tour for the first time last April. This time we tok my niece who is an experienced equestrian because she was unable to attend last year. Both times we were very impressed with the condition and respect for the horses. We also rode this time with a very beginner rider. Both were accommodated for on the same ride and nobody was disappointed.. The mud bath and waterfall are amazing. We are still trying to figure out hoe to get some at home!! If you take this tour you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Found this place through a local excursion company-I am an experienced rider and I don't care for the kind of rides that all the horses are in a line and all you do is walk in a big circle. What an INCREDIBLE time I had with Andrea-it completely exceeded my expectations and I was thoroughly impressed with her professionalism and knowledge of the horses and area we rode through. She catered to my riding style and provided a memorable, enjoyable time for me. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

What a great tour. The mud bath was incredible. Worth missing a day of surfing

Jed

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I would recommend this tour to anyone who is planning on visiting Costa Rica. We head a pleasant experience with Chris and Andrea from start to finish. Chris and Andrea are wonderful people and fun to talk to. The both answered any questions that I had along the tour and even in the car ride when asking about life in Costa Rica.

The tour itself was fantastic. We were briefed on horse safety and instruction before saddling up. From that point we went on a relaxing stroll with the horses through the jungle/farm and learned all kinds of awesome facts from our guide, Andrea. At the midpoint, we stopped for a mini picnic filled with fresh watermelon, pineapple, and fruit juices. Following that was the highlight of the tour where we took a dip in a fresh spring underneath a gentle waterfall and then covered ourselves with exfoliating mud which made for some awesome photos. Also, Andrea was pretty knowledgeable with digital cameras and very helpful in taking pictures of us at scenic points throughout the tour.

Overall, this tour was a blast and I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Our horseback riding experience with Andrea was my favorite activity and a high point of my trip. Wonderful!!! I had a fabulous time at the Del Mar Surf Camp - the best vacation of my life, and I've my share. To be rated the best experience of my best vacation is high praise! Thank you, Andrea, for sharing your horses with us!!!