“Vista Las Palmas - Just What We Needed”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Aruba4Us
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Vista Las Palmas - Just What We Needed”
Reviewed February 16, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Travelled here the first week in February with my wife and another couple. We had some activities booked including a sport fishing charter, zip lining and many F&B centered adventures. The booking process through Costa Rica Dream Makers was seamless, they took payment on multiple cards to help mitigate having to figure it out with other parties after the fact. They kept the offices staffed (a few blocks away from unit) until we arrived at 9pm to get us our keys, the lady walked over and got our driver through security the first time and introduced us as new guests and toured us in our unit (5A). She offered her cell phone number and emergency numbers for the office as well as reviewed some basic guidelines. Glad they have tight rules about the unit, it creates a more tranquil relaxing pool, balcony and in-unit experience for those of us that want to enjoy some peace and quiet. Not to worry a party at any local bar is not too far away. That being said please understand Jaco is not a big beach bar destination, the main drag is about two blocks in land from the beach and this is where all the bars and restaurants are. Also the North end of the beach has lots of rocks in the sand and at the surf line, that alone makes Vista Las Palmas the only choice as it is on the cleaner end of the beach (no rocks) with the best location, security and views.

Vista Las Palmas unit 5A is well appointed with furniture and not too much wear on the unit at all, just the basic paint touch up you'd expect on a rental unit but not nearly as bad as some other units reviewed. Comfortable couch and love seat in the family room and very large bedroom accommodations all of which have master baths and flat screen TVs, beware most of the cable is in Spanish and WiFi signal may not be enough to stream anything to TV (Bring DVDs! for hangover mornings and downtime - if any). The pool was great and is open from 6a-10p, I do wish they would allow guests in the pool later if they remained quiet, zero tolerance policy for noise would be fine. The security are good at their jobs and do ask that you are out of pool by 10pm, but also do a great job of keeping campus free from unwanted visitors at night. They would always recognize you and have the gate open before you even made it to the entrance, well monitored by cameras I assume.

Some of the great restaurants we went to were The Green Room (live music and local craft beer), Side Street (appeared to be newer or remodeled, nestled in the trees on second floor), Lemon Zest (across the balcony from rental office - they will cook the fish you catch, good people, awesome tuna and mahi tasting plates), Taco Bar (awesome fruit smoothies with Rum and tacos, big swinging seats at the bar), Grafiti (Hip spot with DJ on weekends, great food and probably one of the better spots in Jaco). You may not want to take your wife to ManCave, in retrospect I probably should have known better just based on the name alone. I can say that while in country I never felt unsafe, their roads were better maintained that ours in the northeast US and it was a VERY clean place, not a spec of trash to be found. Most locals speak English fairly well and our broken Spanish made up for the rest.

Finally, if you are going to Jaco and booking a sport fishing charter you MUST NOT consider anyone but Maverick Charters, particularly the Sea Fly boat in this fleet with first mate Poncho. It was a bucket list fishing trip where we all caught tuna and a few sailfish which was a SLOW day for them! It leaves out of Los Suenos by the Marriott, 10-15 minute cab ride to a beautiful marina.

All in all a great vacation that I am working to rebook now, we will be staying in Vista Las Palmas again and cannot wait to be watching the beautiful sunsets on the beach step from the grounds.

We miss you already Costa Rica.
Pura Vida!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Lea5678
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“Great management, great security staff, chilled place”
Reviewed August 1, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I often pop over to say hello to my friend who lives here. And after checking out of Crocs Casino I have stayed 1 night here and will head to Tamarindo for 2 weeks. I had been staying at Crocs a self-proclaimed 5 star resort for the month of July. In comparison here is run so well. And has fantastic customer service. Never a hassle or hostility with the security and Andrew the daytime guard is fantastic. Always says hello, uses his common-sense and understands part of a security guards role is part security, part customer service. I wish I had of booked here and not Crocs Casino.
Whenever I am here I love the sweeping ocean views and having a sense of being relaxed and chilled as soon as I enter. Thank you Vista Las Palmas.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
texashous...
Austin, Texas
“It was Okay! The Beack location is Ideal, But Its maybe a 3 Star Place!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

The location to the Water is right on! The pool area is pretty and cleaned every AM. However it does get rough and dirty by the end of the day. Small Gym at pool area with a Bath and a pool bath but it gets really gross at the end of the day... The Rooms are ok, we stayed in 5b a 3 bed 3.5 bath. Sheets were dirty and not the cleanest unit. Coffee maker broken, Ac units didnt work, the Dryer wasnt even hooked up. Yes I called Dream makers... FLUFF only not action from my call... ok no prob will just leave it alone. Family rented 4A-4B a $995,000 unit. and it was nice, but again rough... To be fair some of my family loved the unit on 4, others just MEH. Just be prepared to expect less, and you will be fine. If you are looking for a 5 Star experience stay at the Marriot (its Beautiful and higher end) or the 4seasons.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the prox to ocean! the views are beautiful!
Liked least: Dirty, units are dingy, appliances dont work, furnishings are worn out and ghetto
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Costa Rica
Reviewed June 24, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Michigan
Reviewed June 16, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing