All reviews tortuga surf camp surf school communal kitchen costa rica small pool place to stay surf boards quiet end feel like family short walk to the beach san jose jaco beach mike celine lesson surfing hosts
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Great place great people , Céline and mike are awesome very friendly , Mike knows every thing about surf and nature, the surf camp is the best in Costa Rica i really recommend this place !
Room very clean , WiFi , pool kitchen .... the place to be in jaco!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
HotelPericoAzul, Owner at Hotel Perico Azul, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was really nice to meet you and speak a little french!
Hope you enjoy of your trip,
Best,
Celine

Reviewed August 9, 2018

I stayed at this hotel and it was an incredible experience. The rooms are so clean with AC, the owners are very good folks and extremely accommodating.

My favorite part was interacting with Mike (owner of the hotel). He and his wife were very hospitable (even took us out one night). Our entire trip we felt very welcomed.

As for the location, it is right off Jaco beach where you can go surfing and it's also very close to the main street where there are plenty of bars, live music, and great food options.

Room Tip: Ask Mike the owner of the hotel for all your needs. He's incredibly accommodating and one of the coolest people I've ever met.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christian G
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Perico azul in every single way was much more than I expected.
I arrived in the middle of the night after a big storm and from the moment I stepped into the room I felt like I was home.
A home just minutes away from the beautiful pacific ocean and a gorgeous town with walls covered in street art and many nice restaurants.

The owners Celine and Mike are so kind, amazing and helpful and they make the whole stay more pleasurable with their recommendations and the great conversations.

Rooms and the common area are beautifully decorated and very clean,
the garden has some gorgeous trees where you even see exotic birds hanging out there all day.

Let’s not forget all the great, likeminded, nature and animal loving people I met here and the friends I have made for life.

I can’t wait to be back!

So if you are going to Jaco, Perico Azul without a doubt is the place to stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Parto E
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Everything you need is here. Very clean rooms with hot water shower and common rooms for making meals, relaxing watching big screen or having a dip in the plunge pool after an exciting day of surfing, or sightseeing. A very personal environment, owner Celine is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Within easy walking distance to main street of Jaco for eating and entertainment. Beach is minutes away and local shops and restaurants great value. Very safe and relaxing. Surfing expertise is brilliant. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Loved everything about my stay here! After having traveled all around Costa Rica for close to two months, I learned that just because a place advertises having AC and Wifi, it doesn't necessarily mean that that it's going to work! However, Hotel Perico Azul lived up to my expectations and more. I stayed for 11 days in a double room with my friend while we took surfing lessons with Tortuga, and there was nothing better than coming back after a hard session and collapsing into a huge bed in a nice cool room. The hotel has communal kitchen, so we took advantage of making some of our food so that we didn't have to go out for every meal. We also enjoyed hanging out at the pool right in the central courtyard.
Overall, Hotel Perico Azul is quiet, clean, and super cute. It is also an easy walk to the beach or into town! The owners Mike and Celine are fantastic and will readily help you with whatever you need. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends