All reviewsjaco beachbuffet styleall inclusive packagesan josebeach barbeach accesscentral americarice and beanspura vidapebblescostaoceantourswavesiguanasdiscoguard
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western by chance. We had some trouble driving in teh mountains, and decided to go back to the beach. Shortly before we got to Jaco, we got a flat in the rental. Fortunately, there was a flat tile area, where a house used to be and pulled onto that area. I asked a young man, who was with a young woman, if he could assist us. We are in our 60's, which he did. I do not know what we would have done, if it had gone flat between the small mountain between the area we were at and Jaco. Anyway, after the mountain winding roads and the flat, we pulled into Jaco saw the Best Western,which was also recommended by Lonely Planet. It was a wonderful 3 night stay, especially since we had to wait for the rental agency to bring a new spare. The room was large and a/c was wonderful. The staff was really great in helping us with the rental car and letting us know when they arrived. They truly went out of their way. Pool could be a little deeper, but at least it was refreshing. It made the end of our stay carefree, 2 for 1 happy hour was also great. I would recommend it for the large rooms, great ac and staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne C
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here with my two kids who are elementary school age. We had an enjoyable stay! The beach was quiet, though a few small rocks so little ones should wear swim shoes and stay close as this is surf area and it has waves. This beach has almost no sellers on it so we were not bothered and there were very few people, it was enjoyable. The pool was warm and big enough to handle groups but we saw hardly any people except on Saturday night. The breakfast was included and was just fine, eggs, pancakes, ceral, fruit and the like-just fine for us. The hotel was kept tidy and the front gate attendant was very careful who was let in. I felt secure enought here. I did get a bit of noise from some loud talking neighbors but I am sure my kids were loud at times too so the walls aren't super thick. We had an enjoyable stay and I recommend if you get a discount rate with breakfast for several night stay. We only ran into one snotty girl working here and we just avoided her. Otherwise they were mostly helpful guys and we didn't have an issue.

Room Tip: We were booked for a slightly larger room, they offered a "standard room with a view" instead as ours was not ready, we looked at it and gladly accepted as it was a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank opinco
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I travelled to Costa Rica with a school group and we stayed at this resort for 3 days. After only 3 days, the entire group was ready to hit our next location. The hotel itself was nice, and was kept clean and tidy. The pools were also well kept. The food was good, as were the bars. Overall, the hotel was worth the price. It was the beach we were disappointed in. The beach certainly wasn't one we were raving about, as it really wasn't anything special. In my personal opinion, I would not travel to Costa Rica for the beach, but rather the adventure. If you want a beach, you may want to investigate other areas. I will say that Jaco Beach is a great location for those travelling to party, with little time enjoying the beach and hotel. There was plenty of shops and bars within minutes from the hotel, so that can be considered a plus, depending on what you're looking for. Overall, it's great for a night or two, but after that I'd suggest checking into your next destination.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank stewartaj01
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The hotel itself was nice and clean and had a great location. The people running the hotel are wretched. The first night, there was no water in our room. No one so much as offered us bottled water for brushing teeth. The second morning the power went out - no AC, no water, no lights. Again no one helped us, and they laughed at us behind our backs in Spanish when i asked about a refund, because they didn't expect gringas to speak Spanish, I'm sure.

Overall, I'd never stay here again. And I'd never recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kate V
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The room is a typical Best Western room. Not an extravigant room but clean, new towels and bed linen every day, ac works great, pleanty of hot water. Breakfast was simple with scrambled eggs, sausage, rice and beans, pancakes, red sauce, toast, and juice. It was all great. Great location: 5 min walk to the tourist section of Jaco. 3 min walk to Jaco Beach that is right up against the Best Western property. The Bar is nice. The staff is friendly and very fluent in English. The staff was even kind enough to cook the days catch from a local kyak fishing trip, it was good food. Luciano Segu is the tour director for the Gray Line Tour Company, he is awesome and will bend over backwards to help you in way possible.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have a much nicer view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends