“Okay for price but no sleep because of loud music”

Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel seemed like a good choice because of it's location. The price was better than condos and we decided to try it for a weekend stay in Jaco. WE hated it because the outside bar area had loud music with a booming drum and at 1:30 in the morning we were ready to sleep. We had our 9 year old niece with us and she couldn't sleep and was crying. The breakfasts were okay and the pool area is decent and we like the town which has great restaurants and is friendly, but this hotel needs to get their act together.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rediscover

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I had low expectations for both the town of Jaco and this hotel given the other reviews I read. It turned out the town wasn't that bad.... But it was too hot to really spend anytime exploring,,,, so we spent all our time at the hotel... I would give this place a solid 3 stars... My kids loved it, there was lots of tico families with kids of all ages for my kids to play with. The pools were clean, and the food was good.....

Why only a 3 star? The room was adequate but nothing special, the music was too loud and went on to about 1am... (bring ear plugs). Keep your expectations at about a 3 star hotel level and you should have a good experience...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2012

in the lack of customer service from Jaco Beach Hotel. Apparently somewhere in between the time we booked this vacation and before actually arriving the hotel had become an all inclusive. We were asked if we wanted the all inclusive pkg for $70 per night pp and we said no. No problem until we wanted to get a drink at the bar after traveling for 15 hrs and were told we would not be able to purchase even a bottle of water on the property since we were not all inclusive. Anytime we wanted a drink we had to leave the property. I found this to be insane and the worst way to treat guests at your hotel... Luckily there are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance because we had to go to a grocery store that night to get food and drinks to keep in our room. When we wanted to go to the beach, we put our drinks and ice in a trash bag from the room and hauled them to the beach. And don't expect anyone to help you with your beach chair, I was told I could clean my own chair after a night of rain and wet sand all over the chairs.

Room Tip: We had two hotel rooms that joined with a small kitchen in one of them. Each bedroom had two beds...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marilee K
Reviewed 27 November 2012

by the name of this hotel, and what I had seen in the past, I expected much more from the hotel, and I mean everything, the bedrooms, bathrooms, food and the services, which was not so bad, but I expected more.

i don't think I am going back there

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karo R
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We arrived after a 3 hour flight and a 2 hour drive at the resort only to be told we had to wait over an hour to check in and that it would cost us an additional $25 each to eat and drink prior to checking in. This was book as an all inclusive and was to a certain extent where food and alcohol was concerned, no activities during the week, no pool bar :-(, beach wasn't exactly what we were expecting. I would not recommend this resort for anyone and will also be letting Cheap Caribbean know what we experienced since that is where we booked our trip from.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here..find another resort.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

the hotel is ok, but no many activities to do, difficulties at lunch, was very slow, we lost 35 minutes waiting, and the food was cold, The play area has insufficient space, bartenders and staff are very good, they always immediately attended and facilitated our requirements. We are group of 75 people, and this review is just my opinion and not that of all

Room Tip: room facing the sea
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed for a few days for surfing and other activities in the area. The rooms were large and although showing their age there was plenty of space. Bathrooms were good as were the showers (we had a double). My main complaint is the kitchen area. We stay in timeshares because we like to make breakfast from local fruits, bread and cheese. The "kitchen" had no work space. I could not cut fruit and have any dish for placement in this miniscule area. If a property is a timeshare, it must have some prep space! As I recall only a toaster and coffeepot, no other cooking equipment. Probably a microwave in the unit. The pool was very nice and the beach was likewise. Location was good although at the very end of the main drag. The night deskperson was very helpful also.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the garden or the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank efloresNY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
2.9 km away
1.3 km away
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
0.3 km away
Copacabana Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!