Hotel Club del Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$107
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Jaco Lodge(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$32
Copacabana Hotel & Suites(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$116
Hotel Mar de Luz(Jaco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$75
US$64
Hotel Pumilio(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hotel Mango Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$67
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$73
  • Beachfront
Buddha House Boutique Hostel(Jaco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$32
US$28
Croc's Resort & Casino(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$196
All reviewsparty townbeachfront hotela nice place to staymanuel antoniosurfingtourswaves
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Nice location with cute pool. The food was pleasant. Fresh and tasty. Waitstaff was great. Rooms are basic, linens not as clean as they should be, small balcony off sliding glass doors. No hot water in shower, just warm. AIR CONDITIONER excellence!!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank ljVirginia
Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

This was a huge improvement after the nightmare air bnb reservation I had. I found myself in a pinch and I needed a room quickly and I walked in and they took me. Absolutely beautiful beach views. Walking distance to everything you could want or need. Fairly priced and clean. Not customer service oriented and no elevator that I saw so if you have heavy bags it's not a fun time. Nice clean pool to cool off in.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank CityandColourful
Reviewed March 1, 2016

This is probably the only place we stayed on our vacation that I will avoid next time. We booked an ocean view room and when we got there they tried to put us in a little room facing the building next door. We had to go down and get the room we paid for. Got settled in and used the toilet...no water. Called and they sent someone right up. He eventually got the water on. Tried a shower...no hot water.. Called and they sent someone right up and he pointed out that the hot and cold were reversed, so that one was my fault as I never checked that. We used the safe but the day we checked out it just had an 88 on it and they had to come and get into it for us, which was certainly not difficult for them. The view was nice enough and the people at the restaurant were nice enough, but this was the most expensive and worst place we stayed. It wasn't horrible but we'll definitely be skipping this one next time.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed February 19, 2016

There are some definite pluses and minuses to this hotel. Pluses: great beachfront location, deck chairs and umbrellas, ample parking with daytime security, hotel is right next to police station, easy walking to dozens of cafes and restaurants. Minuses: showers barely trickle, not enough locks on our room door, no elevator (and no one offered to help with luggage). For us the pluses outweighed the minuses and I would stay here again. It is worth noting that we visited Jaco mid-week, and found it quiet and pleasantly uncrowded. As others have commented, visiting on the weekend might be a much different experience.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2016

The Hotel Balcon del Mar is a mixed bag and hard to rate. Let me say first that Jaco was my least favorite place we stayed in our 2 1/2 week trip to Costa Rica and may have tainted my review, but only a bit. The hotel itself is located in downtown Jaco right across from the beach. The beach across the street was groomed daily and chairs set out for use. We choose not to swim directly in front of the hotel, as the local canal drains into the ocean right at that spot and the water was a bit brackish. The hotel itself in the common areas is well kept and the pools were nice except for large populations of unsupervised children running around screaming. Our room however was in need of a major overhaul. We had almost no hot water for our 2 night stay. The walls were dirty, spotted with a lot of mold everywhere. ( see pictures ) The walls were also chipped with paint and plaster missing. The doors did not close all the way, and there was about a 1/2" gap to the outside when we did close our door. I am not that fussy, but the furniture in the room was a mixture of mismatched pieces that looked like it had been pulled out of the alley. The included breakfast was good, better on the day it was served buffet style. Not a reflection on the hotel, but walking around Jaco our first night I must have looked really tired as I was offered cocaine 3 times in our 3 block walk. Unless you are looking for hookers, cocaine or surfing, I would just give all of Jaco a pass all together.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family