All reviews room was clean air conditioning pools rancho beach
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

It’s located close to everything, beach, shopping, pharmacy, grocery store etc etc!!! The staff is awesome, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the food in great and reasonably oriced. I will stay there again and would recommend it to everyone!!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Director de Recepción at Tangeri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thanks a lot!!!!! hope you come back soon. Pura vida!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel for the price. Right on the beach, friendly staff, overall great place. If I was going to Jaco again I'd definitely book here again.

My only quibble with this hotel, and it is more and more characteristic of hotels of this calibur is the stupid wrist bands they make you wear. I see these as easier for the hotel to identify their guests and thus they say it's safer for their guests. I believe that our safety as your guest is on you, the hotel. We should not be forced to modify our attire because it's easier on you. Furthermore, I'm sure there are other types of wrist bands you could make available that can be removed at night. I mean, come on, try sleeping with a plastic thing on your wrist capable of slicing open an apple. They are not comfortable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Director de Recepción at Tangeri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

USExpatinfrance, thank you so much for your review. We hope we can change your wrist in the future. Thanls a lot !

Reviewed July 17, 2017

The rooms are clean, hotwater, soft towels, free internet, nice view, good service on the front restaurant, the tiki bar and at the room. Front beach, close to down town, the security and the parking lot were great, the pools are clean a not so full of people. TV with cable. For sure will be back.

Room Tip: Las habitaciones con vista a la playa del segundo nivel son hermosas.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Laura M, Director de Recepción at Tangeri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Rodrigo, thank you so much for sharing your opinion. We are very proud to know you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

Although I have not stayed at other beach front hotels in Jaco, I can tell you that we enjoy Tangeri enough to keep coming back. It's everything you want in a hotel. Highly recommend you give it a shot and see if you too become a repeat customer again and again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary L
Patricia M, Director de Recepción at Tangeri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

Gary thank you so much for this review and also for coming 4th time!!!!! You make us feel so proud of our staff and our work. Thanks a lot and hope you come back soon.
Pura vida!

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

We got a ground level floor room with fridge, breakfast included, stayed for one night.

Pros:
The pools are clean
The room was very clean
The halls and few indoor spaces including restaurant and family game zone were clean and fully operational.
Staff is courteous and kind.
Breakfast was very good.
Really at BeachFront.
Food was very good.
Secure.
Gardens were all very well taken care of.
A lot of very big green Iguanas
The hotel is one of the first hotels in the area, I thought I would face old 80's TV sets and old showers and decorations, but no, the hotel admin clearly has used economic resources very well.

Cons:
1. Paid $150 for one night and 2 persons, if we were to pay $20 more we would have enjoyed better in a all inclusive resort, while the most proximate one is the Best Western, such is not my dear favorite, therefore I would have needed to reserve over DoubleTree by Hilton 20 miles north.

2. While the regular check-in time is 4pm, such is terribly late compared to other hotels in the area which check-in time is 2pm or 3pm the latest. We were very lucky that our room wasn't taken the night before and that the hotel gave us the room at the time we arrived (8am) which somehow made it worth the almost expensive price paid.

Overall is a good family hotel with 3 nice pools and a great location, it is not for me to give a 5 star review as is a bit expensive for what the hotel offers, and that the regular check-in is way too late, although such is compensated by the kind attention of the personnel, the good and safe peace of minded security and the cleaness of the place.

I really ended up loving it.

I have gone to Jaco many many times, I live in Costa Rica and understand the social "problems" Jaco bears like too many prostitutes, some vandalism, and people needs to know that is a place to go out with the family in the morning and early afternoon, and an all-party like for all tastes place during the evening. The beach is not a good place to bath in, is dangerous and dirty, kind of a "for Surfers-Only" however sunsets are just GORGEOUS, of those the people feel such thrilling sense that many times they even give applauses to it

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Laura M, Director de Recepción at Tangeri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Fitofe, thanks a lot for sharing your opinion. Jaco is moving to a nice-sport place right now, better than months ago.
We would like to invite you to come and see it. Hope you are close enough to come back!
Pura vida