All reviews tuna middle of town central location bar next door the entire staff hot water central jaco the main strip beach nightlife
Reviewed January 24, 2018

I stayed at Hotel Poseidon for 2 nights in January 2018. I booked the room online and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised as soon as I arrived. The entire staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in the middle of the block, halfway between the beach and downtown. The location could not be better unless you prefer a room directly on the beach. The hotel does not offer parking, but I found parking to be readily available on the street very close to the hotel. There were no issues with the car. The street is quite busy. The breakfast that came with the room had several options to choose from and was very good. The restaurant had an extensive menu, but I did not eat there. There are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance. My room was upstairs above the pool area. It was nice enough with 2 comfortable queen beds. The air conditioning worked well. There was adequate space for storage of luggage and clothes and a safe for valuables. The bathroom was adequate and the shower was very good although the water was not as hot as some might prefer. I could not get the tv to work, but I did not report it. I didn't come to Jaco to watch tv. I did not use the hotel pool, but it seemed clean and other guests seemed to enjoy it. This is an excellent, clean hotel for the economy minded traveler to Jaco. The only problem I had was with noise from other hotels and street traffic during the night. I highly recommend and cannot why any other reviewers may have rated it differently.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank alhoy
Reviewed December 22, 2017

We always go once or twice when we are in Jaco , the steaks are always some of the best in town.
It is a small place , but they do a great job taking care of their customers .
They also have a two dinner special for 35.00 ,comes with one App, two main dishes and one desert.
they also have TVs in the bar area to watch any sports on that night.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed November 18, 2017

This hotel could definitely use some upkeep and maintenance. The rooms were musty, the sheets were ripped, and the towels had holes in them. You will definitely need earplugs because it can be SO loud! Even with guests being quiet, earplugs were necessary as the rooms are not sound proof whatsoever. The beds weren't comfortable and the overall cleanliness of the rooms mediocre. I was nervous about my health as the room smelt moldy. The AC worked well which was great. Note that there is an outside window but that it looks out to the corridor so if you like privacy, you won't get any natural light. Bring your own bath towel as the ones provided were tiny (even for me as a small person). The blow dryer barely worked and regretted not bringing my own. Overall, the staff is friendly and the restaurant nice and good food, but the hotel itself is not worth staying.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

hotel Poseidon was my sister and my home for 4 nights in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica. We felt so welcomed and all the staff were very helpful and kind!! We got delicious free breakfast each day, a pool, and a room with air condition. What else can you ask for? Only a few blocks from the beach and many great restarants and bars in walking distance.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Awesome, super friendly staff. Danny, Carol, Josebeth and Mary are all great. Central location to just about anything you want in Jaco. Near the beach, nightlife, etc. Food is some of the best in town. Great all inclusive for rooms, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tuna is a must have for dinner, best in the whole town. Nice rooms with fridges and good ac. Not much of a pool scene, its kind of small. Yes there is a hostel/bar next door, but the music is not as much of an issue as some other reviews would have you believe. Security guard on duty all night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends