All reviewsdoce lunasyoga retreatthe ownercosta ricabeautiful pooldowntown jacolarge bathroombeautiful hotelmangozip liningpura vidachrisjunglewaterfallshirleyweddingmonkeys
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Docelunas just hosted our monthly company dinner with such charm , attention and hospitality in the open aired Eclipse Restaurant. The owner, manager and staff consulted with every detail. I highly suggest this locale for a great getaway spot nestled on 5 acres of gorgeous, naturally landscaped gardens. The hotel offers large rooms with porches or balconies, original Costa Rican art, and live orchids. The only hotel with full sized bathtubs,,Just 2 minutes away from the hustle of downtown Jaco, Docelunas offers a great getaway for any occasion, take it from the locals

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We only spent a couple days here but I would definitely put DoceLunas on my list when we return to Jaco. Our room was huge and beautifully decorated (not kitschy) and we spent every morning drinking coffee on our terrace surrounded by incredibly lush foliage in what seemed like total seclusion from the rest of the world. The food at the restaurant was delicious (with a special shout out for the pork tenderloin with a spicy pineapple salsa!), so despite the fact that it's just a couple minutes from the main drag of Jaco, we ate most of our meals in the tranquil open air restaurant on the grounds. It's not on the beach but with just a short cab ride and we were surfing and enjoying the waves and the staff were friendly, helpful and available if we needed anything. Hard to find a negative...!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calliopy
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was in Costa Rica for the Jungle Jam, a music festival that actually took place on the Hotel grounds. Unfortunately I did not have a room there, but I will next time. This place is like a little paradise, so calming and beautiful. The rooms are really nice and the grounds are amazing...surrounded by a jungle! Beautiful outside eating area and bar with nice lighting...which seems to be rare in this town! I would recommend this place to any of my friends and I'm gonna be there next year. Oh yeah, wait till you see the pool. And yes, this place is very safe, if you are a female traveling alone, this is a cool place to hang!

Room Tip: try to get one close to the pool and on second floor....beautiful view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim J
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here for a week from New Year’s eve.
It’s a nice hotel, probably the nicest in the area.
The staff are great, the owners are great characters so i encourage getting to know them if you stay here.
Rooms are big, pool is nice and clean. bar although quiet when we were there was good.
Didn't eat here, went into Jaco mostly.
It is a short distance from the main town, but an easy taxi ride.

The main thing is really the staff, always friendly and if you ask them about the area if you see them at the bar you will get to know secret beaches, how to release newly hatched turtles, off the beaten track walking, best restaurants etc.

We liked this place mainly because it was away from the noise of Jaco and just a simple great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I just wanted to share my incredible vacation experience at DoceLunas... As a single female travelling alone to a foreign country for the 1st time I can tell you I was a little nervous. But as I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a gatekeeper who provided 24hr security, I was imediately much more relaxed. I was even more relaxed when I headed to the open air Bar and Resturant for a few delicious Maragritas and some super fresh Ceviche. I knew I was on to something good when I headed to my room and was greeted by a lovely room with native wood furnishings, icee cold air conditioning, a huge bathroom with a walk in shower and instant hot water. The next day as I was sunning myself by the beautiful pool amid the lush gardens of DoceLunas I was visited by an Iguana who seemed to enjoy the beauty of the poolside as much as I did! I also had the opportunity to meet fellow guests one was a women travelling alone with her 10yr old son, we struck up easy conversation and relaxed poolside together. In the afternoon I visited the town and followed the suggestions of the staff for a place to grab lunch. They were right on target and had another delishes margarita and more Ceviche this time with Black Clams a rare treat that I had never experienced but certainly will be on the look out for again. In the evenings I enjoyed beauitful sunsets on Jacos Black Sand Beaches with a beer in hand! One evening I even ventured out for an evening on the town and throughly enjoyed the nitghtlife that the owner and staff recommended to me. I was mainly visiting Costa Rica for a bit of relaxing and thats just what I did. On the 3rd day of my trip I decided I needed a massage, so I wandered up to the front desk and inquired the staff imediately phoned the massuse and I was scheduled for later that day...its was so good I had a 2nd one the day before I left! I found all the prices at the hotel and in Jaco to be quite reasonable and the quality of the ingredients to be amazing! Travelling solo I was also concerned about being able to stay in touch with my children back home. I was pleased to note that the hotel had wi-fi throughout the resort and the thoughtful manager and owner allowed me use of there computers to stay in touch with my girls and even offerd me the use of there cellphones if I wanted to call home. I didn't take them up on that offer I quite enjoyed trully disconnecting for the 5 nights I was there! I can't wait to get back to DoceLunas this time I might even bring the kids!

Room Tip: Very nice photos on the website of all the rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo