“Vow renewal location, absolutely beautiful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Montemeru

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ImurVnuss
Louisville, Kentucky
“Vow renewal location, absolutely beautiful”
Reviewed September 12, 2017 for a stay in October 2016

I'm late on my review as my husband and guests visited in July 2016, however I wanted to share my experience. After 6 months of research for the perfect location of our vow renewal, I chose Villa Montemeru. It did not disappoint. We were a party of one couple, 3 singles so everyone has their own massive bedroom with either an open-air bathroom, or an indoor bathroom. If you look at the pictures with the stairs, each level has a bedroom on each side, separated by the stairs. The outdoor kitchen was dreamy as I love the outdoors and love cooking, so it was perfect with high quality appliances and cookware. The home and infinity pool sat on a hill with a beautiful view of the ocean. With the backdrop, it was perfect for our renewal and stay. You have much privacy except for the wildlife which added to the experience. At times a howler monkey would sit in the tree by the master bathroom open shower and just hang out... That kinky little howler. Ha! You would awake to Macaws, howler monkeys and just sweet and simple nature.

The infinity pool was fantastic especially after a long day of hiking. The water was perfect, the home was perfect, the staff was perfect especially when my friend requested bath soup instead of bath soap from the housekeeper (she got a good solid laugh, as did we) and residential dogs were perfect.

Daniel was prompt, very helpful with providing information about private chefs or anything else pertaining to our vow renewal. I would rent from him again and again.

Lastly, if you are concerned about not having AC, don't be. The home again sits on top of a hill by the ocean. Each bedroom contains 2 massive open air windows plus fans. I slept like a baby and we went in Green Season.

Thanks again!

16 Sep 2017
Hi Melinda,

When I received notification of your review I was at first a bit surprised, since it's been a while that we had any guests coming via TripAdvisor. But as soon as I read your review I did of course remember you. Thank you so much for your kind description of Villa Montemeru. We do strive to provide a first class experience for our guests and are always gratified when we are told that they enjoyed themselves here and that everything was to their expectation. We'd be of course more than happy to receive you, your husband and friends again here at our little corner of paradise. Thank you and all the best, Daniel
bzangerl
Landeck, Austria
“Leisure and Adventure”
Reviewed March 7, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

It was a big contrast to the snowy and cold Austrian mountains. So we enjoyed the warm climate and during this time of the year "mosquito free" surounding very much. We were a group of 6 and enjoyed ourselfs in an amazing location with a stunning pool, a well equipped kitchen, tasteful decorated sleeping rooms and breauthtaking sunsets. Several local options for activities like surfing, horse riding, canopy, visiting waterfalls etc. gives boredom no chance.

Daniel (Owner) as well as his employees were very pleasant and helpful in all different aspects. We really enjoyed our stay and strongly recommend this location - it was great.

P.S. Due to several unpaved partly adventurous roads in this region of Costa Rica I would recommend a four wheel driven SUV.

9 Mar 2017
Thank you Bernhard, it was a pleasure to host you and your family and friends. Puravida Daniel
amandarmc...
Coronado, California
“Love this place”
Reviewed December 14, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Great house, close to town and love the pool. The property is beautiful and the team that works on site is so nice. We will go back one day.

15 Dec 2016
Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure to host you and your family and friends.

Puravida
Daniel
Cynthia H
Santa Cruz, California
“To stay at Villa Montemeru is to get to enjoy a little slice of heaven.”
Reviewed May 7, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I have had the good fortune to vacation at Villa Montemeru four times in the past five years. And I can't wait to go back again. Located on a hillside with a 180 degree view up and down the coast, the beauty that surrounds you is mesmerizing. Located in the quiet community of Malpais, Villa Montemeru is totally relaxing, and a visitor can float in the infinity pool while gazing at the Pacific Ocean below, or can walk a few minutes down to the beach and swim in the always temperate ocean. If you like wildlife, you will hear and see parrots, howler monkeys, iguanas, and all manner of creatures. And if you get restless with so much tranquil beauty, nearby Santa Teresa has a year-round surf break, lots of good restaurants, clubs, shops and tour offerings to other locales.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
Dalton H
“The Best of Both Worlds”
Reviewed May 7, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Costa Rica has so much to offer, it's unlikely one can experience everything in one trip. For our last trip to Costa our group decided we would take things easy and plant ourselves in one location and just enjoy the slow pace of life. We knew we wanted to take hang in Santa Teresa for the surfing and chill beach town vibes, but we didn't want to be caught up in the mix with all the tourists and the dust and noise from the roads beach side. Villa Montemeru was the perfect option for us. We were close to town, only minutes away by quad. But to be honest, most days we felt no need to leave the villa. We had everything we need there. Stunning infinite pool with the best sunsets of my life.

The accommodations were superb. Mal Paiz, unlike Santa Teresa, doesn't have the same issues with running water, so that was never an issue. And the villa, tucked away on the hillside sits alone; we couldn't see or hear another sould. Well, apart from all the howler monkeys passing through.

But to me the best part of the experience was not how very nice everything was there- it's possible to get luxury almost anywhere- what really made the experience special was our host. Daniel is a very sharp and tuned in guy who takes a lot of pride in everything he does there and goes to great lengths to make the stay there the best it can possibly be. We felt at home, at peace, and secure their in his villa.

Travelling group: Friends
Renaud L
San Francisco, California
“A one-of-a-kind serene property!”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Well, how can I describe our stay at Villa Montemeru? I stayed there for a week with my wife and 9-year-old daughter. The property is mind blowing!
First, the villa sits on amazing grounds with mature trees and a well manicured garden, thanks to Carlos, the caretaker. The infinity pool overlooks the rich vegetation so specific to the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. At a distance, but not so far, the view of the ocean is so magnificent that I could have just stared at it all day. Right next to the pool is the totally open living room - dining room, done with a lot of taste. Next to it, but lower, is the fully equipped kitchen. I love cooking, and I am pretty demanding, and, quite frankly, nothing was missing - including the constant care of Lola who takes care of maintaining the house.
In the back of the living room, a very wide and appealing staircase goes to the second and third floors with each two beautiful bedrooms on each side. The bedrooms are all completely open (with shutters so that you can close when you leave or when it rains - which it didn't much).
What can I say? Waking up to the sound of howler monkeys and birds is a really a treat, at least in my book. We had a fantastic time and I am counting the days until I can return.
Did I mention the visits from the owner (I think his name is J.C.), who was always ready to help us and came up with great suggestions with local places.
Two thumbs up!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful location.
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Oct 2016
Thank you Renaud, it was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us!

Puravida
JC
415scott
San Francisco, California
“Exquisite stay overlooking the Pacific Ocean”
Reviewed August 18, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My wife and I just got back home after honeymoon, which included an extraordinary stay at Villa Montemeru. From the moment we arrived, we knew that we'd arrived at a gem of a location – as all of the rooms have expansive windows that allow one to marvel at a very wide view of the Pacific Ocean. The infinity pool below allows one to further enjoy the ocean while wading in a clean, comfortable pool.

By virtue of the fact that this property is up on a hill, visitors are afforded several luxuries: the jaw-dropping views, peaceful seclusion and fresh air to name a few. One can take advantage of being in close proximity to the beach (and their beautiful Pacific sunsets), the town of Mal Pais and that of St. Theresa – but avoiding several drawbacks of being at street level: noise, pollution and crowds. The state-of-the-art kitchen & fixtures and wonderfully curated artwork only further enhance the experience.

The only other review that I've written on TripAdvisor was negative, so I can assure you that we were absolutely blown away by this place. My wife and I would like to express a great deal of gratitude to our wonderfully interesting & engaging host Daniel and will undoubtedly be back in the future. Unequivocally worth every penny spent.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing