Hotel San Bada (I give this hotel a 1 star out of 5 – the worst rating I’ve ever given)
• Nice location close to park
• Nice view from 6th floor, good place to see sunsets
• Two comfortable beds in room, good AC
• Incredibly overpriced for what you get ($242 /night including taxes)
• No amenities like coffee machine, free wifi, or minibar (they had a mini fridge in room, but was empty and not even plugged in). Only the basics, which at that price is inexcusable.
• Room feels rundown and an odd collection of outdated furniture. Showerhead broke off and hit my wife in the arm, bathroom floor flooded (from I don’t know where), no water pressure in toilet or shower. Don’t get room 112.
• Hotel itself feels rundown; have nice facilities which all have to be upgraded and/or finished off. Nice pool on 6th floor with bar – but nobody working at bar (except during happy hour) and you have to go to reception on ground floor for towels.
• Horrible restaurant. Overpriced and just horrible food. Also terribly slow service. The 2 for 1 Happy Hour is no deal – $20 for 4 medium sized Pina Coladas.
• Coffee – San Bada’s coffee was even more watered down than other coffee we’ve had. We had it after dinner and it was insipid. Was slightly better the next morning at breakfast.
• For $242 a night there is no porter to help carry your luggage or even open up the door – they’ll stand there being useless. I don’t mind paying that kind of money for an experience, but I get very upset when everything from A-Z is wrong with a hotel.
Overall, this place was a total rip off in every way, very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel San Bada brand new Hotel located right next to Manuel Antonio National Park entrance, and a few steps to Manuel Antonio Beach, Costa Rica.Rooms with National Park jungle and ocean view balconies. Discover the wildlife from your balcony and listen to the ocean. The biggest pool in the area with water slide, waterfalls and a pool bar. A private pool for adults at the terrace, with ocean and jungle view, perfect sunset spot! Our amenities:-Restaurant-Access to the public beach-Pool bar-Power generator in case of electricity shortout-Elevator-Biggest pool-Kids pool-Adults pool with ocean view-Snack Bar-WiFi-Free spacious parking, no driving needed once you are at the resort, everything is in walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel San Bada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel San Bada Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park