We stayed here for five days with our family of four and were very impressed with the accommodation. You step off the elevator into your suite - in our case the first thing we saw was a giant window facing the jungle (in some suites this window was frosted as it faced inwards). The hotel is very new and the suites are very modern and large, but also very comfortable. We loved having space to retreat to in the heat of the day, and the balcony to sit on early in the morning and late at night and listen to the wildlife. Wifi access was free and the connection was very good. I'd say the only in-suite negative was the beds - a little soft for my taste and the sheets came off too easily.
In terms of the grounds, the hotel overlooks the infinity pool, which in turn overlooks the ocean. The pool area provides both sun and shade, the water is an amazing temperature - warm but still refreshing. Add a pool bar and nice seating and you have a decadent venue for relaxing.
The beach was a short 10 minute walk down a hill, and the hotel provides a shuttle up and down. You just let them know when you want to go and they'll take you or pick you up.
Breakfast buffet was included and was diverse enough to please my family. Restaurant was outdoors and you could see wildlife in the trees just outside. The hotel is also very well located with many good restaurants within walking distance.
My only complaint was that one day the hotel had a wedding, so they took half the pool chairs away around mid-day to set up and then closed the pool at 4. As previously mentioned, the rooms had a good view of the pool area, so it was somewhat disappointing when the wedding didn't even use the area until after 6. I think it would have been nice if the hotel could have comped us a drink or something rather than just making it clear we weren't welcome.
That said, on the whole we felt very welcomed at Los Altos. It was really a nice place to stay and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants more room than a standard hotel room provides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Los Altos Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Los Altos Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio