“Very Fun, Very Informative”

Costa Rica Jade Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Jade Tours is a local tour company in beautiful Manuel Antonio. We offer the best activities and tours to help make all your vacation dreams come true. Contact us so we can help you discover the most exciting adventures and exotic treasures from this spectacular land. You may never want to leave!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Little Rock, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Fun, Very Informative”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

There are many tour guides to choose from at Manuel Antonio National Park, but I'm so glad we chose Mario! He keeps his groups small, so you don't feel rushed or jostled about. I doubt I would have seen ANYTHING if we would've gone without a guide. Mario spotted a lot of creatures for us, and took the time to inform us and amuse us. He's just a very nice guy, with good english and a good sense of humor. The other guides were even going up to him asking him what he was seeing, and then their group would come look. Mario is the best - you won't be disappointed!

Visited February 2012

Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Mario is a great tour guide!”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We did two tours with Mario, owner of Costa Rica Jade Tours. We booked through his website. The tours were a guided tour of Manuel Antonio National Park and the mangrove tour. I speak virtually no Spanish, my husband speaks a little Spanish, and we shared the tour with a family who spoke Spanish and English. Mario handled the bilingual tour well, explaining things in Spanish first and then repeating the highlights to me in English. His English is excellent. This was our third guided tour in Costa Rica, so I didn't feel I was missing much. If it had been our first tour I would have preferred an English language tour, or would have asked many more questions!

It is obvious that Mario loves his work. Both tours lasted longer than stated on the website because Mario spent so much time showing us things. He never was hurried at all. The tours included a meal which is a nice touch.

Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wish I could do it all over again.”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This was an excellent informative tour. Mario really knows is stuff. We took the Manuel Antonio tour and he showed us things we would NEVER have seen. If you do not do a tour you are just basically paying $10.00 to walk to the beach because you will never see anything on your own. Mario took the time to take pictures with our cameras through his telescope. We would have had the most awesome pictures to impress our friends but unfortunately that night we left our camera at a restaurant. I wasn't that upset about the camera - I was just really upset about Mario's pictures and the pictures we took at sunset.

Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mario's tours were the highlight of our trip to Manuel Antonio!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My family and I spent three days in Manuel Antonio during our recent trip to Costa Rica. Our ages ranged from 7 to 70--not your typical tour group. From the moment Mario picked us up with his huge smile and warm, engaging personality, I knew it was going to be a fun time. My kids instantly fell in love with him and my mother-in-law developed a little crush on him.

We started our day with Mario at Manuel Antonio National Park. His knowledge of plants, animals, insects, and birds was unbelievable. We all learned a great deal during our tour. He even demonstrated his version of the Howler monkey call. With him, we saw lizards, sloths, moneys, snakes, bats, and more. We were all incredibly impressed with his ability to spot animals and birds from afar. His spotting scope made it easy for us to get a closer look.

Later that same afternoon, we went on Evening Mangrove Tour with Mario and his friend Macha. Together, they wrangled crocodiles, snakes, fish, and lizards straight out of the water with their hands! They brought them on the boat for us to hold and enjoy. They also pointed out a wide variety of birds, crabs, snakes, bats, snakes, possums, and other nocturnal animals along the way. After the tour, we had a tasty dinner at one of Mario's favorite restaurants. It felt like an authentic Costa Rican meal.

Finally, Mario scheduled a White Water Rafting tour for us that was unbelievable!

We are so grateful to Mario for the energy and passion he put into his tours with us. It is clear that he loves what he does and enjoys sharing his knowledge and passion with others.

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jade Tours /Mario was honest, informative and entertaining”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We booked our tour with Jade Tours for a night excursion to the waterways. It ended up were were two people with Mario, the guide , and the boat people. We saw reptiles, birds snakes much to our surprise and delight. Very informative narration as well as entertaining. In our hast we overpaid Mario of Jade Tours. The next day we brought it to his attention after we had left the area. He was honest and made the effort to wire back to the United States our overpayment. We truly appreciated his efforts and honesty. I would highly recommend this tour company. You won't be disappointed with the experience Tani Edwards--Sacramento, California

Visited December 2011